cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Credit Segments to one Credit Control Area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Can we assign multiple credit segments to one Credit Control Area?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

SachinPatil
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

The post is quiet old but to avoid duplication trying to draft my query here.

If we want to activate the FSCM credit management for FICA & not for SD (for SD traditional credit management will be used)

in this scenario, after activation of credit management for FICA, will it impact SD also?

Thanks,

Sachin

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

In standard there is no such way to cater your requirement. What is your exact requirement would you please tell us so that appropriate solution could be provided to you. You can check in FD32 the credit limit .

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My question is Credit Control Area in financial accounting and Credit Segment in FSCM are one = one or one = many, as we've created in one country say (Italy) one credit control area and credit segments in that country say cleaning, corporate, pharmacy etc. as different credit segments, when i am trying to assign multiple credit segment to one credit control area, system is not allowing, could anyone provide light on this?

Regards,

Sai

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

Its not possible in standard however you can try user exits. Take help of ABAPER.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

A credit segment should replace a Credit Control Area.

If you had many Credit Control Areas, you should link them to Credit Segments, or join CCA's to a Credit Segment.

However there is no logic in place to map many credit segments to a single CCA.

Please also note once you activate SAP FSCM Credit Management - the standard Credit Management module is no longer used. All master data will be held in Business Partners and NOT FD32 or FD33.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In addition to wat mark has mentioned , u can define multiple credit control area for the company code and assign crdit control area to the credit segment .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've created multiple credit control areas equivalent to credit segments, but in assignment in enterprise structure i can assign only one credit control area to one company code, do i need to leave it blank as i can see in integration with sales and distribution under assign credit control area and credit segments multiple credit segments can be assigned to multiple credit control areas. I am bit confused as enterprise structure is not allowing though FSCM is allowing, could anyone explain exact assignment as per my scenario?

Thanks and regards,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In the enterprise structure u are creating the credit control area there u have check box whether u can override the default credit control area , check that one , in FSCM credit managemenet config u can create multiple credit control area and assigned it your company code , so create a multiple credit control area equivalent to your credit segment as per the scenario u have mentioned create multiple credit control area and assign it to your company code . then asign each of the credit control area to creedit segment and while posting the transaction invoice u have an option to change the credit control area so post to the appropriate credit control area which wlil be deriving the credit segment automatically based on the assignment between credit control area and teh credit segment .

Former Member
0 Kudos

can we go back one step.

Do you currently use SAP FI-AR with Credit Management.

If so - you would have activated the relevant Credit Control Areas.

If you are implementing ERP for the first time for your client, you need to select which version of Credit Management you will use.

Standard - FI-AR and SD or SAP FSCM.

If you go with standard you define CCA's

If you go with FSCM - you define credit segments.

In FSCM A Credit Segment needs to point to an active Org Structure - so Company Code, or Sales Area.

If you want to create many Credit Segments for a single Company Code - you cannot do this as standard.

You can however create customer credit groups which could resolve your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using FSCM Credit Management and activated, not FI-AR-SD, business has requirement to maintain multiple credit limits @ multiple credit segments, it means there is no relevance of assigning permitted credit control areas to company code from FI AR - Credit Management, so from FSCM perspective only one Credit Segment is assigned one Company Code, in my case if Italy is a company code, i need to create italy as a Italy credit segment. I didn't see the scenario how it runs after assigning permitted credit control area to company codes and for that credit control areas assigning credit segments. Customer Credit groups doesn't solve my problem as it just for classifying business partner.

But in documentation, Credit Segment example is something different, as it states we can sub classify under one company.

Definition: credit segment

Credit Management (FIN-FSCM-CR)

Organizational unit of SAP Credit Management that companies can define, for example, by product type or business area. It groups a company's business transactions from the view of credit assignment and control.

The credit segment has a similar relationship to the business partner as the company code to the customer in Financial Accounting (FI). Therefore, a business partner can have master data for several credit segments.

Example

In a telecommunications company, a subclassification of relevant business transactions according to the following credit segments could be useful:

Fixed network

Internet

Mobile telephones

Please correct me if i am wrong..i am getting two different answers.

Regards,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In FSCM credit management, you can maintain what is known as a main credit segment and other segments specific to different business units defined. You can maintain credit limits at the main segment and the sub segment. Hence you can maintain credit limits at 2 different levels.

But as per standard, you can assign credit segment to a credit control area only and not directly to the company code. The credit control area can be derived through company code, sales organisation or manual assignment or through a BAdI. But if your requirement is to maintain different credit limits for the same company code, please elaborate on the differentiating organization unit based on which you need the different credit limits.

1 thing you can look for is to have define different credit control areas and assign a default credit control area to a company code. You can derive other credit control areas in run time according to your requirement. Then you can define multiple credit limits for each credit control area by having different credit segments for each credit control area.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you propose to link the data from AR and SD into the different Credit Segments?

If you cant link it to Sales Orgs, or CCA's how is the system supposed to be able to define the Credit exposure?

How do you plan to manage your debt based by your business divisons?

You need to consider this before defining your Credit Segments and how you allocate your credit limits per Credit Segment per business partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for an overview, i am bit confused since i didn't worked on this scenario. Our Org Structure for credit management is like this, we have one company code (Say 1111 - Italy) and one credit control area (Say - Z000 CCA Italy) sales areas ( Z001 for corporate, Z002 for Cleaning) in fscm we've defined credit segments equally to sales areas (Z001 corporate, Z002 cleaning), but as you've mentioned above that it is not possible to assign multiple credit segments to credit control area.

Will this structure work,

If i create credit control areas equivalent to credit segments, assign permitted credit control areas to company code, assign credit control area and credit segments, assign sales area to CCA?

If i dont create multiple credit control areas, can i achieve this through any BAdi, if it is please suggest me through which one?

We are not using the concept of add contribution to main segment. We have just segments.

Thanks and Regards,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forget Credit Control Areas, as you dont use them, you do not need to create them.

Do not link your Company Codes to Credit Segments, just Sales Areas to Credit Segments.

This should work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Mark...i couldn't see the node for the assignment of sales areas to credit segment, here in integration with S&D i can see assignment of sales area to credit control area only.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sai - sorry looks like I gave you some wrong information there.

To assign a Sales Org to a Credit Segment you need to create in Integration with SD in Credit Management Config as follows.

A Credit Control Area for every Sales Area.

Link the Credit Control Areas to Credit Segments

Therefore you now have 1 Credit Segment per Sales Area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've assigned multiple credit control areas to multiple credit segments, assigned multiple sales areas to multiple credit control areas, created business partner, maintained limit in main segment (10000), segment 1 (5000), segment (5000), created one customer equivalent to sales areas which assigned to segment 1, created order and posted. when i am transferring items it is showing under main segment and even when i am running credit exposure also it is updating against main credit segment only.

I think it is updating because in enterprise structure i've assigned main credit control area to company code and other credit control areas directly to sales areas and credit segments. If i don' t do assignment in ES, it is not transferring and it is showing blank.

I've tried with assigning permitted credit control areas to multiple CC's option also, still it has the same problem.

I am doing this for first time, please let me know if i missed out any considerations.

Thanks and Regards,

Sai

Former Member
0 Kudos

in ES - have you linked the Sales Areas to the Credit Control Areas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah i've done that too, its the same link which we can see in FSCM integratin with S&D. I've checked IDES too, the credit segments are assigned at company code level one=one. I am not sure, in our scenario credit segments are below company codes, i couldn't establish a link between credit control area = credit segment= company code, i thought permitted credit control areas for company code will establish that link, but it is not working. Please let me know if anybody's has implemented this scenario or if i missed any configuration settings or considerations.