cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

valuation class assignment with material group

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

for valuation class assignment with material group for automatic GL assignment in PO, I need help.

I have configured the same as below- but still GL a/c is not picked in PO during testing.

1. Created new Material under material type ZUNB -non-valuated material (without accounting view)

2. Material group 702004 assigned to this material.

3. Created New Valuation class 77J and assigned GL a/c in OBYC for GBB-VBR and WRX.

4. Assigned above valuation class with material group 702004 in omqw (SPRO >> Material Management>>Purchasing>> Material Master>>Entry Aids for Items Without a Material Master)

Looking towards some positive response.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ranjan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member

1. Created new Material under material type ZUNB -non-valuated material (without accounting view)

A non-Valuated material will always be assigned to the consumption account.

4. Assigned above valuation class with material group 702004 in omqw (SPRO >> Material Management>>Purchasing>> Material Master>>Entry Aids for Items Without a Material Master)

This configuration will not work as this is only for items without a material master.

A valuation class is assigned to a material to do the automatic posting of GL accounts.

If you want to create a PO for a non-valuated material, then you have to mention the cost center and GL accounts manually in the PO to do the posting in the consumption account.

Hope it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check my posting for the answer

[]

You can get autmatic GL account based on Material group / Material type. it is purely based on account modifer you maintained for account assignment and GL accounts maintained in GBB in OBYC.

Case 1 - If you use Material UNBW in PO. it will not consider Material grp and valuation class assignement

In your case system will take the entries from GBB for example if you have maintained for without valuation class

Val Mod Gen mod Val cls Debit credit

0001 VBR 660000 660000

Case 2 - Without material, Here system will look for Valuation class assigned to material groupt then Gen modifier assigned to Account assignement category finally look for GL account in GBB for the belo combination

Val Mod Gen mod Val cls Debit credit

0001 VBR 3000 510000 510000

Hope it helps

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raf & Shakher,

Thanks for your reply.

If i activate the accounting view in Non-valuated material, it always ask for Cost object assignment for any movement. Since we are using Stock Transfer thru SD (STO >> Delivery>> PGI>> PI) it will creates problem in Delivery PGI. System will ask for Cost Center but we do not have option to enter cost center in Delivery. Altimatly we have to assign default cost center in GL linked to that Non-valuated material Valuation class.

Hope i am able to explain the scenario. Please suggest, I will take your suggesition as final.

Thanks,

Ranjan

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

No accounting document will be created for inventory movements of non-valuated material anyway. So you can just allocate default cost centre to the primary cost element or in trs OKB9.

Even if agree with you - this sounds like a bug that the system demands cost centre when no accounting document is going to be created.

BR

Raf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

See basically whenever you purchase a UNBW material, its only managed on quantity basis and cost is booked onto a cost object linked to the plant which procures the Material.

Now since this material doesn't have any value in the plant so if you transfer this material to another Plant so no value will be transferred.

I am not sure if this can be done but you can get in touch with your FICO consultant to understand if the cost booked against one cost center or part of it can be transferred to another cost center which is going to receive this material.

Because if one cost center has born the cost of the material when it was procured then why will it give that to someone else.

So better consult your FICO Consultants and try to find a solution if exists in this line.

Regards

Chandra Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

thanks for your reply,

But actually i want to assign a GL to material belonging to a particular group, and in PO system automatically pick that GL.

We donot want any manual intervention in GL assignment, because we have faced lots of user mistake in GL selection which results in frequent Document cancellation for correction.

If any other option available please let me know.

Imp.- We cannot activate the accounting view in material Master, because we are doing Stock Transfer of that item.

Regards,

Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Its better you look for creating a new material type because linking a GL to Material is done via material type, material group comes into picture when you don't want to use material codes and want to work with description and in that case the cost is booked into a consumption account.

Even though you are using a stock transfer, what's the issue of having an accounting view for the material activated, because you have to handle your material vale someway or the other, your question seems a bit confusing, pleas elaborate your exact requirement.

Regards

Chandra Shekhar

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranjan,

Linking of account to items with material number is done solely by means of the valuation class in the material master. The fact that a material type is marked as non-valuated doesn't mean that it shouldn't have the accounting view - and here's one reason why it should have, the valuation class.

So create the accounting view for your materials and on this view assign the valuation class that you assigned to the material group.

BR

Raf