cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy sales order header text to sales order item text

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I am trying to accomplish is to have the sales order header text (Third party purchase order) copied to the sales order item text such that I can copy to the purchase requisition item text and subsequently to the purchase order item text. I have been able to successfully create the access sequence to copy from the header to the item (on the sales order) which is visible (at header and item) at order creation but once you save the order the text at the item level disappears. Is this functionality possible??

Regards,

Brian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Go to item text and click on the call log button at the bottom. Expand the text type, which has this issue, and see the reason for it.

To me it looks, why the header text needs to be populated into item text? Item text can be stored in material master or customer master info record, which can be pulled into item level of the sales order. The header level is something related to customer. I don't see any valid reason for having same text types at header and item level.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

I understand your question and I am aware of the capabilities of the CMIR etc. The reason is that the business maintains all of the relevant text at the customer master level which is copied into the sales order header. When a sales order is created the CSR checks the header text and when saving we would like the text to copy to the item level such that it is copied to the purchase requisition item and subsequently to the purchase order item. The text log indicated that the text was not available. Is that because it isn't available for copying until the order has been saved?

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have already mentioned that you have maintained same text type and access sequence at header and item level. Just to make sure, in t.code VOTXN, select the sales order item text and go to menu Texts->Generate access in the SAP production system and then re-test again.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

I have done as you have suggested without any success.The text is vaisble at the item and the header level until the order is saved. I am exploring using the text data transfer routines in VOFM but I am unable to fill the key as I cannot determine the sales order number. Are you familiar with how to obtain the sales order number prior to saving?

Thanks,

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the past one of the forum members answered the question on how to catch the sales order number. So please search the forum. For the text issue, can you check in USEREXIT_MOVE_FIELD_TO_TVCOM_I any customized code is preventing the saving of the text? Alternatively, check this user exit can help you keep the item text while saving the sales order.

Regards,