cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number ranges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guys,

I am curious to know if there is any way to retain the part numbers and equipment numbers across all the systems having the internal number range set up. I really donu2019t want to keep getting new numbers on every system ( dev,qa,prd) as itu2019s a tedious job to do mapping on every load. I heard there is a way to set this up thru blocking the numbers in internal number ranges to make it happen..any idea ?

Mahee

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Number range is client specific setting, if number range in production or QA has been maintained as DEV client, then assignment of numbers to Master records are based on the sequence uploading of master data.

So once you mapped in DEV client, then no need to map in Production or QA separately, if order of uploading master data is as same as DEV.

I think, I have understood your question correctly.

Regards,

Maheswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think that was the besy way to do it because it might have lot of discrepancies in sequence...that tooo PRD system number range sequence is totally different from QA and Dev numbers..even though if i try to sync it..at the time of load it has high risk of errors...I am thinking options on setting up external number ranges.

Mahee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Normally every equipment has external ID or Tag ID,Equipment master has technical identification number(ITOB-TIDNR) for saving aforementioned ID. The upload data can be reconciled among different systems using these external IDs as they are unique by nature.