cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Renew SAP Passport

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have been receiving a message when I login to OSS that tells me my SAP Passport will be expiring soon. There is a link to renew my SAP PAssport that I click on, but when it tries to Renew, I get an erorr message every time:

"The data for the new SAP Passport does not match the data of your current SAP Passport. The data in the new SAP Passport can only contain data used in the SAP Passport you are currently logged on with."

I have checked with my coworkers and our Basis manager, who originally set this up for me, but no one can help. I have been unable to find any more information through HELP or anywhere in the SAP Forums. Please help, if possible.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this is not working then you have only one option left to appy for a SAP Passport once again. It will take hardly 2 minutes to get a new passport and apply it on your browser.

Regards,

Subhash

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

klaus_wegener2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Additional info (October 2014):

Today I was struggling with SAP Passport renewel. It never make any problems

the last years.

I use IE11:

There are several recommendations from SAP:

* ActiveX Settings

* Two SAP URLs to IE trusted sites

Again it was not working for me. In Firefox it was working. The difference between

the 2 browsers was, that Firebox opened the input box for encryption type, IE not !

My solution was, to put

sap-ag.de

to the compatibilty view settings in IE.

The the passport page opened with input of S000... user id (prefilled) and password.

The encryption box does not appear but then I received a IE browser message to

accept running ActivX ...

And then it was working. Don't know what SAP changed, but this way was working.

BR

Klaus Wegener

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a notice that my SAP Passport would expire in 29 days, so I selected the option to renew my SAP Passport. I also received the message "The data for the new SAP Passport does not match the data of your current SAP Passport. The data in the new SAP Passport can only contain data used in the SAP Passport you are currently logged on with."

I attempted to apply for a new SAP Passport as was recommended, but I received a message stating I already have an existing SAP Passport. I think there is a problem with the SAP Passport renewal process that needs to be addressed.

David
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Write to sapnet@sap.com and let them know your current S userid. Explain what is happening when you try to renew your existing passport or obtain a new one.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Were you ever able to get this resolved or did you just move forward by logging in with your user id each time? If you got it resolved, could you let me know which steps you took?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I spoke with SAP, and they helped me out. These were the steps I took:

If you are an Internet Explorer user, please follow below steps:

 Choose Tools  Internet Options

 The Internet options window appears.

 Click on the Content tab

 Click on Certificates

 The Certificate windows appears

 Remove Certificate

 Back to Top

Then log on to the SAP Service Marketplace using your S-User ID and password and request for new SAP Passport in www.service.sap.com/sso-smp

andrew_hodgins
Explorer
0 Kudos

Those steps worked for me. Thanks!