Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

MII Security Issues

Hi,

I am having issues with security on my MII systems. I am wondering how many levels of security there are on MII projects. I know that there is the user level security. I have Admin, Developer, and User roles on the system via ABAP/UME. I have checked the actions of each of the roles have the following assigned: XMII_Full_Access, XMII_Developer, XMII_User, and XMII_Read_Only.

I know that there is transactional security. But what levels does the transactional security apply to? Does transactional security apply to project level, a specific folder level, or just individual transactions?

I have heard about template security, but have not found out how to change/modify this. Help here would be appreciated.

Are there any other security levels that I haven't mentioned above?

The reason that I am asking these questions is that I am seeing the error '<user> is not assigned to a role that can perform this action' much too often. As I mentioned above I should have full access on MII though my admin role. I also guess some of my problems have to do with the fact that we aren't assigning the default roles to our users, but instead get permissions through abap roles and ume. Therefore is there a way to change the default roles that are assigned to transactional security so it doesn't have to be changed every time?

Having Admin (full access) abilities on MII, is there a way to change transactional security on objects that I can't open? (I'm guessing my roles aren't in the read/write transactional security for the object)

I am currently working on a system that uses MII 12.1.8.28.

I have tried searching through the SDN for this information, but haven't found anything that answers my questions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm new to MII so sorry if this was a simple question. Just trying to get a better understanding of how security is handled.

Justin

Former Member
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question