cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Life and Work Events setup and configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am trying to learn and setup the Life an work events on ESS and do this configuration. Could anybody please outline me the steps to add the "Family member/Dependents" event to the "change of Marital Status" event. Do I have to first create an event called "Change of Marital status" event and then put the "Family member/Dependents" event under it? If yes, how do I create a new event called "Change of Marital Status" event ?

Please help me with this. I have got tight deadlines and I also understand that everyone is busy. However, if someone can please initiate to help me with this effort, that would be really grateful.

thank you,

Maria Kutty Somori...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Look it generally works like this....

You have a Main Process (Eg. My First Days, Marriage, Divorce, Child etc..) that is linked to your services in "Life & Work Events" homepage.

Now these Process contain "Blocks" in it...which actually gives you a hierarchically display on left panel....when you click on a service/Process...

Now these blocks can contaqin sub-blocks or Actions within them...And these actions contains a callable object within...which is actually your web dynpro application....

For Eg. lets take My First Days...

My First Days (Process)

#

My First Days (Main Block)

#

Before You Start (Sub Block), Personal Information (Sub Block), Professional Information (Sub Block) etc....

#__________________________#

#New Hire CheckList(Action), __#Address(Action for Personal Information)

__________________________#Personal Data (Action for Personal Information)

__________________________#Family/Member Dependents(Action for Personal Information)

Above actions will contain your respective callable objects....which are actually linked to your application to be executed.

Now When you say you need to add the "Family member/Dependents" event to the "change of Marital Status" event.

Can you please tell me "change of Marital Status" you need as a process or Block or Action !!

And "Family member/Dependents" will be a sub block within it ?

Edited by: Saurabh Agarwal on Jun 11, 2011 10:31 AM

Edited by: Saurabh Agarwal on Jun 11, 2011 10:32 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Saurabh for a very clean explanation of how guided procedures (life and work events) work. After reading thru your post, I got an understanding and went ahead and created a life and work events folder in the Design time gallery and created subfolders; created processes and sequential blocks as per my requirements and then inserted some reusable actions. Now, I activated the process. How do I get this guided procedure to be part of my ESS overview page (life and work events)?

Please suggest.

Thanks for your valuable inputs in advance!!

Maria Kutty Somori...

former_member182598
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi maria,

Refer to this:

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/profile/LifeandWorkEvents%28LWE%29-Other+Countries

Thanks

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well if you wish to have Life and work events in your Overview screen...then go through below link very carefully...and you will not face any problems after reading below articles....

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b0e3a488-cdc2-2b10-209b-e01a0ed93...

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e05d564f-6e1c-2d10-42b2-9e21a2119...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

I am still trying to attach the life and work events that I custom created using guided procedures within the ESS Overview screen. So, after testing and instantiating the guided procedure, how do I go about bringing this guided procedure to the ESS Overview screen and the ESS role.

The links that you sent earlier are excellent information on how to do the ESS homepage framework. However, I could not find any information for the custom life and work events integration with the ESS overview page.

Please suggest how this can be proceeded.

Thanks again for your valuable inputs and suggestions given earlier.

Maria kutty somori....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Maria...

Goto Resource definition for EMPLOYEE_LIFEWORK_FIRSTDAYS_US_SER (For an eg.).

How to go there you must have understood by now after reading above articl;es.

Now check the "URL Parameter" definition for resource...It would be something like

process.template.id=8AE995A6640E11E0B5D20000014B8BFA&process.autostart=true&process.autostart=true

Notice in above definition there is a value

process.template.id=8AE995A6640E11E0B5D20000014B8BFA

8AE995A6640E11E0B5D20000014B8BFA is the actual value that you will have to update with the one you created in Guided Procedure Designtime.

Now, how to get that one from Guided Procedure Designtime....

Goto your process "My First Days US"...and open it in gallery.

Select the process...And now select tab "Instantiation" at bottom of your screen...

Under this tab you will find this Process ID "8AE995A6640E11E0B5D20000014B8BFA"

So this is how it is mapped.....

Go for it and revert back if you face any further issues.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Saurabh,

Thanks for the excellent support and suggestions to move forward with the GPs. I have been successful in creating the Life and work events GP. Our requirement is to create a completely custom structure for the life and work events (although I could really reuse the actions from the standard Life and work events). Now after i created a process for the life and work events and all child parallel blocks, I achieved the structure how I wanted it. Here is where I am changing the process id in the URL parameter in the SPRO.

SPRO--> IMG --> Personnel Management -->Employee Self Service --> Homepage for Self Services --> Resources --> Define Resources --> Define Resources (Add Entries) --> ZEMPLOYEE_LIFEWORKEVENTS_ERP2005_PAG --> URL parameter

Before I filled in the URL parameter value, this field was empty and so were the fields Directory Path and Object Name. I provided the following for Directory Path and Object Name

Directory Path-- sap.com/cafeugpuiinst

Object name-- AInstantiation

After I filled in these fields, I saved and tried from the portal--> ESS --> Life and work events. This is not getting reflected. THe custom life and work events is not showing up.

Please suggest, if I am doing at the right place or not. if not, could you please let me know, where this needs to be done?

Thanks

Maria Kutty Somori.......

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think you have done correct configuration in SPRO for homepage framework of ESS...

I dont know details on how you have structured them all....but still I believe that ZEMPLOYEE_LIFEWORKEVENTS_ERP2005_PAG

should not be correct place to update URL parameter for your custom life and work events scenario.

Go to the article on Homepage framework very carefully again....it is pretty much straight forward......

There should be a "Area group page" at root of all. (SAPDEFAULTESS_LIFEWORK_ERP2005)

Above area group page should contain "EMPLOYEE_OVERVIEW_ERP2005_PAG" as an resource entry.

Then there will be an "area page" EMPLOYEE_LIFEWORKEVENTS_ERP2005...

This should be linked to the resource EMPLOYEE_LIFEWORKEVENTS_ERP2005_PAG....

Assign above area (EMPLOYEE_LIFEWORKEVENTS_ERP2005) to SAPDEFAULTESS_OVERVIEW_ERP2005 Area group page.....

Now there should be a sub-area EMPLOYEE_LIFEWORK_SUBLIFEWORK_2005

And this sub-area should be assigned to EMPLOYEE_LIFEWORKEVENTS_ERP2005 area you defined above....

Now there will be a service for Life and work custom scenario you created....

Let us call it as XXX_EMPLOYEE_LIFEWORK_FIRSTDAYS

1. This service will link to resource "XXX_EMPLOYEE_LIFEWORK_FIRSTDAYS_US_SER"

2. This resource will contain the URL parameter which I specified in my previous post.

Now link/assign the above service XXX_EMPLOYEE_LIFEWORK_FIRSTDAYS to sub area key "EMPLOYEE_LIFEWORK_SUBLIFEWORK_2005" that you have defined above.....

Finally comes your resource definition....for your custom scenario......(Which I have refered above....see ##)

In this resource definition you will have to update that URL parameter.........

Make sure you follow the article very properly...and do not forget to set the priority where-ever required....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh,

Thank you again for trying to explain clearly the "Homepage framework" I initially thought instead of building services for all the life and work events, why not just create one main process for life and work events page in the GP design time and map this process id with the main Life and work events resource in the SPRO. This did not work. I had to map the process id at the individual event level and this is working now. However, I am getting a The following ABAP Exception occurred: SERVICEKEY_INVALID for certain iviews like Address, Emergency address etc.

Could you please provide any thoughts on this error? How to fix this one?

thanks much for your help with this.

Maria Kutty Somori...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure...on how to solve this error.

The following ABAP Exception occurred: SERVICEKEY_INVALID

It would be better if you open a separate thread in SDN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Saurabh, I will open a new thread for this problem.

Thanks again for all your guidance and help and your help guided me in completing the setting up of LWE.

thanks!

Maria Kutty Somori.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was a pleasure Maria...

I have seen that you have opened that question in ERP HCM (HR) forum.

I think you should open it in ERP HCM Employee Self-Service for better response.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That is strange. I thought I raised this question earlier in Portal Implementation group and this question is now in ERP HCM ESS forum. I raised a question for the servicekey_invalid error in the Portal implementation group again and now I am seeing it in ERP HCM HR forum.

I remember very well going to Portal implementation forum to check the status of my post as well. Then it was ok.. Now these posts have changed forums...

Thanks,

Maria kutty Somori....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moderators use to do this for you...

Answers (0)