Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Life and Work Events setup and configuration

Dear Gurus,

I am trying to learn and setup the Life an work events on ESS and do this configuration. Could anybody please outline me the steps to add the "Family member/Dependents" event to the "change of Marital Status" event. Do I have to first create an event called "Change of Marital status" event and then put the "Family member/Dependents" event under it? If yes, how do I create a new event called "Change of Marital Status" event ?

Please help me with this. I have got tight deadlines and I also understand that everyone is busy. However, if someone can please initiate to help me with this effort, that would be really grateful.

thank you,

Maria Kutty Somori...

Former Member
Former Member replied

I dont think you have done correct configuration in SPRO for homepage framework of ESS...

I dont know details on how you have structured them all....but still I believe that ZEMPLOYEE_LIFEWORKEVENTS_ERP2005_PAG

should not be correct place to update URL parameter for your custom life and work events scenario.

Go to the article on Homepage framework very carefully again....it is pretty much straight forward......

There should be a "Area group page" at root of all. (SAPDEFAULTESS_LIFEWORK_ERP2005)

Above area group page should contain "EMPLOYEE_OVERVIEW_ERP2005_PAG" as an resource entry.

Then there will be an "area page" EMPLOYEE_LIFEWORKEVENTS_ERP2005...

This should be linked to the resource EMPLOYEE_LIFEWORKEVENTS_ERP2005_PAG....

Assign above area (EMPLOYEE_LIFEWORKEVENTS_ERP2005) to SAPDEFAULTESS_OVERVIEW_ERP2005 Area group page.....

Now there should be a sub-area EMPLOYEE_LIFEWORK_SUBLIFEWORK_2005

And this sub-area should be assigned to EMPLOYEE_LIFEWORKEVENTS_ERP2005 area you defined above....

Now there will be a service for Life and work custom scenario you created....

Let us call it as XXX_EMPLOYEE_LIFEWORK_FIRSTDAYS

1. This service will link to resource "XXX_EMPLOYEE_LIFEWORK_FIRSTDAYS_US_SER"

2. This resource will contain the URL parameter which I specified in my previous post.

Now link/assign the above service XXX_EMPLOYEE_LIFEWORK_FIRSTDAYS to sub area key "EMPLOYEE_LIFEWORK_SUBLIFEWORK_2005" that you have defined above.....

Finally comes your resource definition....for your custom scenario......(Which I have refered above....see ##)

In this resource definition you will have to update that URL parameter.........

Make sure you follow the article very properly...and do not forget to set the priority where-ever required....

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question