cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table patterns of Smart Forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I have a problem with table patters in Smart Forms. There is a table which has 2 line types: header and item. There is needed to print table without horizontal separator lines between item lines (but header must be separated from items by horizontal line). Whole table need to have frame around it. And I don't have footer line - footer node in the table stays empty.

There is even pattern which can be used for this situation: second from the end. I'm working in SAP ECC 6.0.

But for me this pattern does not work as I would like to - I am receiving every horizontal line between item lines. Can anyone tell how can I achieve the needed table bordering?

Best regards,

Rorijs

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think still your linetype is having the horizontal line property.

Try this.

select the item linetype and choose the horizontal pattern again.

Hope this will resolve will issue

Jshree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jshree,

You are right, I'm having still those horizontal lines. But I don't get the solution proposed by you. What did you mean by "choose the horizontal pattern again"?

If I'm selecting pattern with button "Select Pattern..." - system applies this pattern to all my line types independently of which of them I am selecting. And it do not work as swich on and off - it just switches this pattern on disregarding any other borders and shadings of line types.

If I'm selecting line and switching off Lower Frame - then I loose not just horizontal lines between item lines, but also the table end line.

Best regards,

Rorijs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rorijs ,

You can do it using outerframe, left frame and right frame options available right to the framed pattern icon.

Select all cells of the first line item and apply "outer frames" so that it will be framed.

Then select the left most cell of the second line item and apply "left frame" for it

Select right most cell of the second line item and apply "right Frame" for it.

If you want the bottom line for table, apply "bottom frame" for all cells in the second line item.

Thanks

Shan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shan,

Thank you for your reply but doing in your way there is still horizontal separator lines between each item. I can get rid of them just by don't having table ending line - which is not correct.

It seems that the only way to solve that would be to declare one more line type, for example, footer line. But does anyone can tell me how I can print footer without having some empty line in it. There was that possible in some previous SAP versions. Now if there is no text element in footer - it is not printed at all but if I put empty text element it prints this empty line which is not needed for me.

Best regards,

Rorijs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can define a footer line type , and assign it a smartstyle.

In smartstyle , define a a paragraph type and reduce the width there.

Also, In order to use the table patterns, it can be tricky at times.Try and setting the pattern of 1 line type at a time.At times the changes donot reflect.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

This is a nice hint but I tried it out - there are some limitations.

First of all I have defined new paragraph with line spacing 0,01. And I have defined line type for footer which differs from item line type with having horizontal bottom line. And I have removed both upper and lower horizontal lines from item line.

1. If I'm using my custom paragraph there should be defined at least something in the text element. It is not possible to left it empty (even space is not enough) because system automatically changes this paragraph to the default one which differs from this new.

2. It is possible to put space in text element and change paragraph to desired one. But it works just when you don't leave this text element and activate the form once. After second activation or by navigating to different node (for example, text element) system overwrites custom parameter with the default one.

So this is more like workaraound which can be used when there is just one table in the with such bordering in the form. Unfortunately I have two. Or there should be entered something in the text element not to loose custom paragraph. But this can be very confusing for the next developer which are not familiar with such workaround.

But it seems that footer line is needed if you don't want to have any horizontal separator lines between item lines. Otherwise it is not possible to define table with frame around it.

Best regards,

Rorijs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Yes it is a workaround, because as i mentioned setting desired frame isnt exactly an easy task.

I have another work around.Define 4 line types.

1st : for header with the framed grid pattern.

2nd : for 1st line item with just side lines and top lines.

3rd: for all remaining items having just side lines.

4th : for last item having the side lines and the bottom line.

You need to play with it to get your desired output.