cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help finding "Save Data with Report" in CRXIII

Former Member
0 Kudos

Folks,

I'm currently using the CRXIII plug in for VS2010 and am running into the issue of my data being saved with the reports by default. When the reports are completed and loaded to our intranet the users are not prompted for new parameters and the last data loaded in the development studio is displayed. When the report is refreshed, the user is then prompted to enter parameters. Now, I know that this is caused by "Save Data with Report", but I can't find where that setting is in the VS2010 menu.

Can someone please EXPLICITLY direct me through the VS2010 menu to find where this setting is now?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

most likely its on the report itself

open the rpt file

file

and it should be there uncheck it

Former Member
0 Kudos

sharonamt,

This is not helpful. When the RPT file is opened in VS2010, the File menu is that of VS2010 and does not contain any Crystal Report options. There is a completely separate Crystal Report menu item. The File menu has no "Save Data with Report" like it used to in stand alone versions of Crystal Reports and the "Save Data with Report" is not present in the Crystal Report menu item or any of its sub-menus.

Please only respond to this item if you know where this setting is located and you can give me explicit instructions on where to find it in VS2010.

Thank you.

Edited by: jeffsmith on Jun 10, 2011 9:49 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

this is a forum for people to give you assistance. if you dont want people to respond, dont post here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rather than get snarky with individuals that obviously hadn't read the question thoroughly and obviously hadn't bothered to even look into the problem using the stated platforms, I opted to be productive and dig through as much documentation as I could get my hands on.

I turned up the location of the "Save Data with Report" in VS2010. It is no longer a menu selection and it is no longer titled "Save Data with Report".

With the report loaded in VS2010, at the base of the report designer, there are two buttons, "Main Report" and "Main Report Preview". Clicking the "Main Report Preview" will prompt the user for parameters and load data to the preview window. At the top of the "Main Report Preview" window there is a checkbox titled "Save data in the report". This is checked by default. Uncheck this option to force the report to load new data when accessed.