cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HCM Performance Appraisals

former_member51562
Participant
0 Kudos

Is there a way to modify the display/navigation of the ESS appraisal form to remove the navigation bar on the left and replace the radio buttons with pushbuttons?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello sheri,

In regards to the navigation bar in the ESS screen, do you want to remove the Detailed navigation panel on the left? If so, you can change the iView/Page property "Initial state of Navigation Panel" to "Always Close". In regards to replacing the radio buttons with pushbuttons, you will have to customise/enhance the relevant ESS component in NWDS if it is WD JAVA or in ABAP Editor if it is WD ABAP. I hope this helps you. Let me know if you need any help.

Regards,

Gopal.

former_member51562
Participant
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if I am using the correct terminology, but it's not the portal nav bar that I am speaking of. We have hidden that. WHat I am referring to is the radio buttons on the left of the appraisal view that the user selects to move the appraisal from status to status (Send to Manager, etc). We want to remove the radio buttons from the left (nav bar) and replace with pushbuttons.

We were instructed that this could be done but have not been able to do so. Here are the instructions we received:

"This is defined at the status flow for the template (at the highest level). As you step through the status/sub status's, you select a push button, but you also at the very bottom can add a description. That description is the text that shows up on the side bar with the radio button. If you don't put a description there, then the default is the push button."

The radio buttons appear regardless of whether we put a description in the description field.

This would be so much easier to explain if we could post screen prints