Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create info. bar/window which displays success and error messages

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I have created a ALV report which creates SO using bapi. I have also created a push button in applicatin toolbar such that if I click this push button I need to create all the SO documents for different customers. Till here it is working fine.

Let's say I have 8 different customers and when I select all customers and click push button it will create 8 different SO's (It is working fine till here). I need to handle errors and success messages at the same time with a information bar/window and the users should be able to save that information as a .txt document to their presentation server.

Please suggest me how to achieve this.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Display the Information in Popup ALV which will have the download functionality dy default.

0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Thanks for the response. What is the FM for creating pop up ALV with save/download functionality?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

For the ALV Popup - You can refer to the standard SAP program - BCALV_GRID_AND_POPUP. The download button is not seen in the popup as it is excluded in the program ( CL_GUI_ALV_GRID=>MC_MB_EXPORT, CL_GUI_ALV_GRID=>MC_FC_PC_FILE - Excluded ). In your program do not exclude.

If you want to just display the Information, go with ALV Popup but If you have to log the infomration - "Sandra Rossi" suggestion would be a better option.

0 Kudos

Suman,

Thank you so much for the information. I have done my coding in normal ABAP with out using any methods or classes. I would really appreciate you to suggest any FM.

Thanks.

0 Kudos

You can use the "REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY" passing I_SCREEN_START_COLUMN, I_SCREEN_START_LINE, I_SCREEN_END_COLUMN, I_SCREEN_END_LINE for Popup ALV. By default system uses the PF Status without the download button. You will have to pass the "I_CALLBACK_PROGRAM" and "I_CALLBACK_PF_STATUS_SET" to set the status. Set the PF-status with the Standard ALV Fullscreen status excluding the buttons which you dont want.

0 Kudos

Hi Nani,

did you have a look at my answer? That's an ALV wrapper, based on function module (BAL_DSP_LOG_DISPLAY). You may keep the log in memory only and just display it. These are really sample demos of the SAP'sflight model (see http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/FlightDataApplication-DemoExampleforIntegrationTechnologies , how to load initial data), like many other demos. It will save you lot of time.

Sandra

0 Kudos

Thanks for all your valuable responses.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You may use application logs, see SBAL_DEMO_04 program. You may store logs in database. Transactions SLG0, SLG1. Documentation here: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/d3/1fa03940fab918e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Note: it uses ALV.