cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ItemGroupRef value in UpdateItem webservice request is saved incorrectly

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are attempting to invoke ME Base Webservice (5.2.5.10) ItemServiceService.UpdateItem. Specifically we want to transfer the SAP ECC material group (E1MARAM.MATKL field) in the IDOC to the ME Item Group. Looking at the UpdateItem request structure, the most likely and logical assumption would be to use this element below that is one level below <me:Item> right after <me:EffectiveStartSequence unitCode="?">?</me:EffectiveStartSequence>. We made sure that the ItemGroup value does exist in the ME database for the same site.

<me:ItemGroupRef>

<!You may enter the following 2 items in any order>

<!Optional:>

<me:SiteRef>

<me:Site>?</me:Site>

</me:SiteRef>

<me:ItemGroup languageCode="?">?</me:ItemGroup>

</me:ItemGroupRef>

However, when the webservice executes successfully and we browse this item record in ME, we are finding that this value is being stored in the Alternates tab rather than the Material Group tab, even though we are not specifying the ItemGroupRef in the <me:ItemAlternate> element at all. Furthermore, when I browse the entry created in the Alternates tab, it is showing the Handle value of "ItemGroupBO:MYSITE,MYITEMGROUP" on the webpage rather than just the MYITEMGROUP value.

Can anybody please confirm if this is a bug and issue us a patch if it is? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

The corresponding support ticket was logged - so Support team will investigate the issue. Preliminerily it looks like a bug.

Regards,

Sergiy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sergiy,

Can you please indicate to the investigation team that there are other finer-grained update functions within the UpdateItem webservice that aren't working. For example, if I retransmit the same item and revision but change the values in AssyDataTypeRef, RemovalAssyDataTypeRef, InventoryAssyDataTypeRef all to NONE when they were previously EXTERNAL_SERIAL, EXTERNAL_SERIAL, and INV_SFC, the webservice does not throw a soap fault and succeeds. When I verify the entries in the web GUI, the assembly, removal, and inventory receipt data types haven't been updated in the Build tab. In addition, I have not used this item in any order or bom, so the item update should really work. However, manually updating these entries in the web GUI works.

Regards,

Tristan

Edited by: Tristan Barcelon on Jun 15, 2011 4:56 PM

0 Kudos

Added to the ticket.

Regards,

Sergiy

Answers (0)