Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPRO Display only role

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

I wanted to create SPRO display role and i am not sure what tcodes SPRO calls in the background. I googled and find out that giving S_TCODE = * and making other auth obj's like S_PROJECT and S_PROJECTS (related to SPRO) to display only (03) will serve my purpose of creating SPRO display only role.

My question is, if i give S_TCODE = * , i am giving access to all the tcodes in SAP which i don't want to. Is there a solution for this? (SPRO display only access with tcodes that SPRO calls in the background)

Any suggestion, advice, comments are appreciated

Thanks Gurus

Venkat

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Yes you right. S_TCODE '*' is a hightened access to give.

I am not sure if there is an easier way to do this. You could get the list of Tcodes within SPRO in a slightly long procedure:

Steps:

1. Activate the IMG activity display using the Path Additional Information>Additional Information>Display Key> IMG Activity.

2. Use the Table CUS_IMGACH to find the Tcodes associated for each of the IMG Activity

3. You could try assigning only these values under S_TCODE.

Also I am not sure it works. But if you don't find an easier way out, this could be worth a try.

Regards,

Ann

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Yes you right. S_TCODE '*' is a hightened access to give.

I am not sure if there is an easier way to do this. You could get the list of Tcodes within SPRO in a slightly long procedure:

Steps:

1. Activate the IMG activity display using the Path Additional Information>Additional Information>Display Key> IMG Activity.

2. Use the Table CUS_IMGACH to find the Tcodes associated for each of the IMG Activity

3. You could try assigning only these values under S_TCODE.

Also I am not sure it works. But if you don't find an easier way out, this could be worth a try.

Regards,

Ann

0 Kudos

Hi Ann, Venkat,

A lot of custimizing nodes in SPRO will not have associated tcodes and it is a huge cumbersome task to go that route...

We took the long painful route of adding module specific nodes to roles and converting activities to 03 (Making critical objects inactive). I vaguely remember that SAP had such cust display roles in older versions (4.6C etc)... which were very good but these standard sap roles were not delivered after enterprise versions were released... Hopefully we have better suggestions from other SME's... but i guess it is a harder route to acheive this requirement...

~Sri

0 Kudos

Hi

It seems to be a pretty frequently posted question - not sure if this is in the 'stickies' but might be worth it if not?

regards

David