Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dump-Phenomenon No Auth Function Group HRSSC00TRACKING

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

we have a strange phenomenon occuring and I can't come up with an explanation, please help:

On our production System we went productive on EHP 4 yesterday. I got a call from basis team today that we have about 2000 Dumps DAILY in production. The problem is the following:

User XXX has no authority for Function Group HRSSC00TRACKING.

I traced the error down to Function Module HRXSS_SER_RFW_RFC_GET_FORM which is responsible for parts of the JAVA environment in process of the ESS Scenario for the Payslip. So this error occurs EVERY time when a user calls his payslip on ESS (we have over 20000 Users...). However, the end user functionality is not influenced by this. The end users o not get any error.

The error can be reproduced on the QS System.

The error can NOT be reproduced on Development System.

The respective R3-Roles with the authorities for the Portal Role which contains the authority for our customer ESS Role are All Equal on all three Systems. The Role does not contain the authority for this function group, which explains why it isn't working on prod and QS. But this should also reflect on Development then, which it doesn't. I'm confused with this and don't know where to approach. There are no SAP-Notes concerning this. X-Search only turns up one thread which doesnt help either:

The Stacks on ECC and Portal are Equal for all Systems in the Landscape and there is no Stack-Missmatch.

I know we could just assign the authority and transport the Role "because hey, it might just work out" but this still doesn't clarify the situation and makes it all even more troublesome. Also I probably won't be able to reason with our Authority expert because the error can'r be reproduced on all systems....

help me obi wan kenobi sdn, you're my only hope

best regards, Lukas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

you can put a BP here for the user who has this authorisation issue

HR_SSC_CREATE_SERVICE_OBJECT,

Well if there is no tracking enabled this shouldnt be called, it doesnt make sense then!!

check if the dump provides more specific information

also note that in table V_T5SSCTRACKXSS we define like this

Default Initiator Role of Self-Service

States the role of the agent that usually starts the Self-Service application. The system needs this information for Business Intelligence evaluations.

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'll raise a message then, either our system or the standard delivery is messed up.

I'll post the dump below this post for better readability (code-marking function doesn't quite work)

best regards and thanks a ton so far,

Lukas

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Sure, Please paste the dump and do experiment with authorisation of the users, I m certain it doesnt occur to all employees!

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yeah, when taking a closer look at *hr_ssc_create_service_object both tables are called WITHIN the FM which the users don't have the RFC Authority for. No other choice than giving the authority then...

The Dump opccurs at:

>>>FUNCTION hr_ssc_create_service_object

FUNCTION hr_ssc_create_service_object.
*"----------------------------------------------------------------------
*"*"Lokale Schnittstelle:
*"  IMPORTING
*"     VALUE(SERVICE_APPL_TYPE) TYPE  SSC_SERVICE_APPL_TYPE DEFAULT
*"       'WDJAVA'
*"     VALUE(SERVICE_APPL_PATH) TYPE  SSC_SERVICE_APPL_PATH OPTIONAL
*"     VALUE(SERVICE_APPL_NAME) TYPE  SSC_SERVICE_APPL_NAME
*"     VALUE(START_TIME_STAMP) TYPE  SSC_UTC_TIMESTAMP_START
*"     VALUE(END_TIME_STAMP) TYPE  SSC_UTC_TIMESTAMP_END OPTIONAL
*"     VALUE(OBJECT_PLVAR) TYPE  PLVAR OPTIONAL
*"     VALUE(OBJECT_OTYPE) TYPE  OTYPE OPTIONAL
*"     VALUE(OBJECT_ID) TYPE  HROBJID OPTIONAL
*"     VALUE(TRACKING_ID) TYPE  SSC_TRACKING_ID OPTIONAL
*"     VALUE(INITIATOR_ROLE) TYPE  SSC_INITIATOR_ROLE OPTIONAL
*"  EXPORTING
*"     VALUE(IS_TRACKING_ACTIVE) TYPE  BOOLE_D
*"----------------------------------------------------------------------
  DATA:
      central_switch         TYPE t5sscswitchon,
      services               TYPE STANDARD TABLE OF t5ssctrackxss,
      service                TYPE t5ssctrackxss,
      services_count         TYPE i,
      service_object         TYPE REF TO if_pobj_process_object,
      service_attributes     TYPE pobjt_levelkey_with_attributes,
      service_attribute      TYPE pobjs_levelkey_with_attributes,
      attribute              TYPE pobjs_level_attribute,
      service_guid           TYPE pobj_level_guid,
      role                   TYPE t5asrprocrole,
      message                TYPE swr_msglin,               "#EC NEEDED
      msg                    TYPE symsg.

CONSTANTS:
      true                   TYPE boole_d VALUE 'X'.

SELECT SINGLE * FROM t5sscswitchon INTO central_switch.

is_tracking_active = central_switch-tracking_on.

CHECK is_tracking_active = true.

SELECT * FROM t5ssctrackxss INTO TABLE services WHERE appl_type = service_appl_type
                                                  AND   appl_path = service_appl_path
                                                  AND   appl_name = service_appl_name.

In my opinion

SELECT SINGLE * FROM t5sscswitchon INTO central_switch.

is_tracking_active = central_switch-tracking_on.

CHECK is_tracking_active = true.

should be called before the FM is called itself... :-(((

UPDATE:

Yes, the error occurs for all users. That's why we have over 2000 Dumps daily on production

best regards...

Lukas

Edited by: Lukas Weigelt on Jun 15, 2011 4:42 PM

Edited by: Lukas Weigelt on Jun 15, 2011 4:44 PM

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Yes authorisation is the key and of course raise a message for SAP

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Re-opened. See edits in Post above.

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

I checked in our system i meant , it can be turned off, but i would recommend use standard settings for these parameters

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you elaborate why this should be kept turned on?

At the moment the main argument of our authority expert is "We can't see any benefit from this being turned on, so we can just as well turn it off, so we don't have to give extended authority access to our end users".

I feel there must be some "sense" in keeping it turned on, but I can't quite comprehend it.

Is there any SAP-Note maybe which can explain in detail about why these FM and tables have been implemented by SAP and how they should be handled?

best regards, Lukas

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

its only meant for BI content, You can turn it off and offers extra tracking, but usually i dont see any great advantage of this on.

You can turn off and verify!

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One last question to help me understand entirely )

With "only for BI", do I understand it correctly that there are BI-Applications which use the application logs which are fed with data via this tracking. So this tracking/logging has nothing to do with the actual functionality of the service itself?

UPDATE: According to IMG, the detailed Tracking Table for each Service (T5SSCTRACKXSS) is dependant on the central switch of T5SSCSWITCHON to be set to ON. In my opinion, the system behaves in a wrong manner. The main switch for us is OFF, the several Services are ON. According to the IMG, tracking should not reflect, but it does.

Siddarth, can you confirm this? I think this would be worth raising a message after all.

best regards, Lukas

Edited by: Lukas Weigelt on Jun 14, 2011 5:51 PM

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

From EHP5 onwars you can track any services! Sorry its not only BI but also other services, Here is the exact documentation of it

Are you on EHP5? We have a spro img path for this

Register Self-Services for Data Tracking

Use

In this IMG activity, you make data tracking settings for the following types of Self-Services:

Employee Self-Services, that employees perform

Employee Self-Services that are performed in the Employee Interaction Center

Manager Self-Services

Self-Services of the HR Administrator portal role

The information that the system collects when tracking data is available to you for Business Intelligence evaluations.

Activities

Perform the following IMG activities:

1. Activate Data Tracking for All Self-Services

2. Set Data Tracking for Individual Self-Services

If you have created your own Self-Services and want to track the data, make the following additional settings:

1. State the Self-Services in the Set Data Tracking for Individual Self-Services IMG activity and make the required settings.

2. In the Web Dynpro application of the customer Self-Services, extend the Data Tracking FPM view.

For this FPM view, see the portal and choose Self-Service Administrator -> Portal Content -> Content provided by SAP -> Self-Service Configuration -> Self-Service Generic Parts -> XSS Tracking -> FPM Views -> Data Tracking.

For more information, see SAP Library and choose SAP ERP Central Component -> Business Packages (Portal-Content) -> Business Package for Self-Service Administrator or SAP ERP Central Component -> Cross-Application Components -> General Application Functions -> Floorplan Manager.

Yes you can raise a message for it, if you keep getting dumps ! i dont have your system so i cant verify

Edited by: Siddharth Rajora on Jun 14, 2011 5:58 PM

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We are on EHP4, the IMG path is available nevertheless, thanks for pointing this out.

Still, the only thing, as I understand, you get as a "benefit" from tracking services is general information about user actions and no application- or system-function-wise logs, like an error log or the like.

If you can confirm this, I'll just shut it all down, because we won't need this.

If I am wrong, I am still confused about the actual information this tracking provides and what the actual sense of it is.

UPDATE:

I disabled tracking for all Services now (I set all TRACK fields of T5SSCTRACKXSS blank). But the Problem still remains!!!

User XXX has no authority for Function Group HRSSC00TRACKING.

Don't tell me we have to give authority nevertheless...

Additionally: Is this a known bug or are there any SAP-notes considering:

Central switch for tracking is OFF. (T5SSCSWITCHON)

Services are ON (T5SSCTRACKXSS)

--> User XXX has no authority for Function Group HRSSC00TRACKING.

Central switch for tracking is OFF. (T5SSCSWITCHON)

Services are OFF (T5SSCTRACKXSS)

--> User XXX has no authority for Function Group HRSSC00TRACKING.

The Description of the IMG considering these activities describes something else. The main switch should overwrite everything else but it doesn't.

Am I missing something here? I'm about to raise a message but I don't want it to be superfluous.

best regards, Lukas

Edited by: Lukas Weigelt on Jun 15, 2011 1:07 PM

Edited by: Lukas Weigelt on Jun 15, 2011 1:34 PM

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

HRSSC00TRACKING is a function group which contains RFCs for

Data tracking for building the BI content for MSS and ESS components.

T5SSCTRACKXSS is the new table in which the XSS services have to be

defined, that needs to be tracked. It could be set to ON or OFF.

Additionally a central switch SWITCH_ON_TRACKING is provided in order

to switch on/off the tracking of all XSS services.

This switch will override the service dependent switch DO_NOT_TRACK

in case it is switched off. The switch is switched off in the

SAP default delivery.

To persist the BI Content related data, a framework by name

process object framework is used as the persistency layer.

The Remote function module HR_SSC_CREATE_SERVICE_OBJECT is created in

order to pass the tracking data to the backend, create the process -

object and set the data in the process object.

The RFC call to this Function module is what is causing the dump.

I tried to look into your system, what is it that is triggering this

call. But I fail to understand. The data tracking switch is OFF and

there are no services registerd in T5SSCTRACKXSS for tracking.

Then I find no reason for this remote function call to happen.

I hope I have given sufficient background information about the

HRSSC00TRACKING. Hope this would help you to find out the root cause

Now the error occurs due to the authorisation missing for the employees. Please check the user

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siddarth,

Thanks for your quick response. Your explanation concerning HRSSC00TRACKING was very helpful to my understanding as well.

Can you elaborate where to check for those "central switches"? I've never heard of this, research doesn't provide anything either.

Nevertheless, I'm confused, because:

I tried to look into your system, what is it that is triggering this

call. But I fail to understand. The data tracking switch is OFF and

there are no services registerd in T5SSCTRACKXSS for tracking.

Then I find no reason for this remote function call to happen.

You looked into our system? How can you even do this? Our system is locked... Also, I checked the table entries for T5SSCTRACKXSS. They are identical on all systems (but it's not empty, it has about 250 tracked entries, also for the one with the payslip!).

So the root-cause stays unknown, which then, however, shouldn't be a problem anymore since you provided me with the table name for the service tracks and we can understand what is actually happening

UPDATE:

Okay, it's all a little bit more clear now:

Table T5SSCTRACKXSS has ALL standard Services tracked by Standard delivery.

Table T5SSCSWITCHON is switched OFF by Standard delivery.

As I understand it, this has been activated since we have implemented EHP 4 (we were on ECC 6.0 before this). Now here's the part I don't understand. The only thing this FM seems to be doing, is write stuff to the application log:

"FORM write_application_log"

I set an external breakpoint with a user that has SAP_ALL. I don't get a dump here, but there's nothing in application log either. So I'm asking myself:

Why should these trackings be activated at all? What's the benefit from it?

I mean, why should a simple ESS-User write something into App-Logs. Is it for better error management?....

Our authority expert suggested we just turn everything off (i.e. disable track-flag for all standard-services in T5SSCTRACKXSS, is this a good idea? Or could this provoke unwanted consequences in any way?

best regards and thanks a lot

Lukas

Edited by: Lukas Weigelt on Jun 14, 2011 3:31 PM

Edited by: Lukas Weigelt on Jun 14, 2011 3:35 PM