Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input Enabled in Normal table

farooq_basha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

i want to display the data in normal table and want to update the data to database.

now my query is

i am able to fetch and display the data in table. ( table with input field cells )

but in order to update the data the cells are non editable. Please suggest me how to achieve update functionality..

Thanks and Regards

Farroq

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you use inputfields by default table is input enable only. no need to do anything. I think you use textviews.

Go to view-select Table-right click - you find create binding-> there you can change cell editor from text veiw to input field.

Cheers,

Kris.

farooq_basha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi kissnas,

i checked now, its input field cells only.

Regards

farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

But iam getting in edit mode.

Try like this..

You need to set the rows as input inable for the first tme. Write down the code to make the fields as input enable in WDDOINIT method of your View. Please refer to the below code:

Do 3 times.
Append <work area> to <internal table>.
enddo.

"Binding the table
<Refere the context node > TYPE REF TO if_wd_context_node.
<Refere the context node > = wd_context->get_child_node( name = wd_this->wdctx_<contextNodeName>)
<Refere the context node >->bind_table( new_items = <Internal table> set_initial_elements = abap_true ).

cheers,

Kris.

farooq_basha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi kissnas

I do the same but it is overwriting.. means

if i first bind the work area to node then bind the data to node.... table will display only data... in non editable mode.

if i first bind the data to node.... then bind the work area to node ... table will dsiplay blank rows with editable cells ... but data is not showing this time..

help me...in this

Regards

farooq

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try by using .. set_initial_elements = abap_false.

cheers,

Kris.

former_member199125
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

first fetch the data, then assign the work area.

while binding the work area , use set_initial_elements = abap_false.

Regards

Srinivas