cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDM adapter Non-XML Inbound Messaging

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a scenario where I transport a csv file via PI (NW711_05_REL) to MDM using the File adapter (sender) and MDM adapter 7.1 7.1 (receiver).

The message is sent through to the MDM port fine, and it seems to choose xml as default file type and PI MSG ID as file name.

This results in an xml file with csv content.

As I want to put the file on the port with its original file type (csv) and name, I need to tweak the MDM adapter a bit. For this I have tried to find MDM specific modules, but have been unable to do so.

I have found a u201Cwork aroundu201D by using u201CSet Adapter Specific Message Attributeu201D on the sender file adapter u2013 described on help.sap.com

Configuring the sender file adapter as described in http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/48/9854884d3217cee10000000a421937/content.htm i am able to set the "FileName" attribute in dynamic configuration.

This enables me to get some of the desired effect, as the file on the MDM port is now a csv file u2013 half way there!! However the file name remains PI MSG ID...

Am I missing something here or is the adapter not working as intended? I donu2019t understand why it should only use the file type when the entire filename and type is there. I would assume that the entire filename and extension would be used in the MDM port.

I have tried achieving the desired result by using the "AF_Modules/DynamicConfigurationBean" on a JMS adapter, but the result is the same.

I would like to avoid developing my own custom module to handle this, as it seems like it should be possible to handle in a more standard way.

I hope someone out there can help me out, and hope to see a lot of good replies.

Best Regards,

Jesper

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Indeed I have,

Configuring the sender file adapter as described in http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/48/9854884d3217cee10000000a421937/content.htm i am able to set the "FileName" attribute in dynamic configuration.

This enables me to get some of the desired effect, as the file on the MDM port is now a csv file u2013 half way there!! However the file name remains PI MSG ID...

Thank's for your post.

\Jesper

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have you gone thur these settings?

Non-XML Inbound Messaging

When the backend system uses the PI File Adapter sender as the communication channel to deliver messages to the PI server, and the receiving MDM channel corresponds to an inbound MDM port of type other than XML (for example, Flat text file), then you must enable the File Adapter Specific Message Attribute named File Name as follows:

1.      Edit the corresponding File Adapter sender communication channel.

2.      In the Advanced tab, choose Set Adapter Specific Message Attribute.

3.      Choose the File Name.

4.      Save and activate the changes.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmdm71/helpdata/en/48/9854884d3217cee10000000a421937/frameset.htm