cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant Abroad and FB70

Former Member
0 Kudos

ONe of our companies (in Ireland) has a plant abroad in Romania (a Romanian VAT number) and use it for local product sales. They need to do royalties customer invoices with this plant abroad using the FI customer invoice (FB70), but because of Romanian tax rule, the document type must have a specific number range for avoid gaps in the invoice numbers. I don't find field in the FB70 where you can specify what is the "plant" VAT number you're using so it is not present fields I can use for made a substitution of number range. The only solution is to have a document type for plant abroad in the sames company?

Thanks

Davide

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The situation is this:

one Ireland company with plant abroad in Romania, so two VAT number, 1 for Ireland the other for Romania.

only a document type for FI customer invoice (the standard DR), so a unique number range for both the VAT number.

In this situation can have a things like this:

document 1000001,1000002,1000003 witht Irish VAT codes, document 1000004,1000005 for Romanian VAT codes, 1000006 for Irish,1000007 for Romanian. So in the Romanian VAT books enter the document 1000004,10000005,1000007.

This is not good because fro ROmania tax rules the number gaps are not admitted ,the correct situation in a Romanian vat book should be 1000001,_1000002_,_1000003_,1000004,1000005,_1000006_,1000007. But this is not possible using a unique document type, because in FI customer invoice posting is not possible specify the VAT number of plant you want use.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Davide,

Thank you for your explanation. I got your requirement. Briefly, you want a continuous number range for the document generated, plant wise, within a Company Code.

Please note that, the documents number ranges will be generated Company Code wise and not plant code wise (I understand, you already know this).

Now, to fulfill your requirement, there is a form available with the name : USEREXIT_NUMBER_RANGE in the Program RV60AFZZ. This is for internal number range only and is only used in the SD area. In case, you are using internal number ranges, then this form userexit_number_range will be useful.

I would suggest you to please review the Knowledge Based Article / SAP Note (1524347 - Buffering of billing documents - invoice creation), which would help you to achieve your requirement.

Regards,

Suresh Jayanthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh

Thanks for the reply. We already use this exit for our billing (using the country tax field for select the correct range). The problem is that in this specific case we cannot use it, because the invoice is created not by SD but directly in financial using the FB70 transaction.

Davide

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could try creating the user exit in substitution GGB1, you could maintain a table with the number range and update it every time a document is posted for the plant abroad. However to determine whether or not the transaction is relevant (plant abroad or not) you could use any field such as asignment,text etc. Also see if it is possible to use fields like xref1,xref2, the user will have to determine the plant and enter that here. Alternatively you could maybe use the tax codes (specific to romania and dedicated for the plant abroad scenario) or something in the transaction that will be unique to the plant abroad scenario.Is it possible to determine it also on the basis of a specific GL account for the plant abroad royalty (revenue account)?

Edited by: Calappa KM on Jun 20, 2011 11:07 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Calappa

This was one of possibilities, but from what I saw in the substitutions the field of number range code is not present (is not present on BKPF at all). I doubt is possible in FI change the number range associated to document type like in SD.

ciao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Davide,

Your question is not clear to me... It looks you have not kept the facts in a particular order.

Please note that the sequencing of document numbers is a number range buffering issue. Are you concerned about the generation of document numbers in an asynchronous order ?

You have again asked about a new document type for the plant abroad to post a customer document. Hence i am not able to correlate both the scenarios. Kindly explain further to get a clear idea of the problem.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Suresh Jayanthi.