Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize SE80 exit button

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

When using SE80 transaction, when I unfortunately click on the exit button (the yellow one) instead of the back button (the green one), I symply exit the transaction, without any chance to get back my navigation history in SE80.

I would like to know if it possible to customize this button, like getting a warning popup, or making the yellow button reacting like the green one.

Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe it is possible. My favorite story I tell my customers is that SAP can take their motheship to Mars, if they`re ready to pay for it. But it is a lot of hassle.

SE80 is very VERY complex and it is a fundamental thing for the ABAP development. No changes should be done in this direction. At least I would not dare to do that. Byt the way: you`re not the only guy in the system I believe, so you can damage the transaction for everybody + even if you don`t damage it, your preffered behavior does not neccessarily fit into other`s taste.

Cheers Otto

0 Kudos

Your favorite story is TRUE. I like it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes thanks, I agree !

But I was wondering if there was any option just for me, like when you choose if you want the new or the old debugger, etc.

And if there is a user-exit, I can use a check on my sy-uname.

0 Kudos

0 Kudos

from the security point of view, the maintenance perspective etc. it is higly inadvisable to use checks on username. Except debugging, like break otto it is a big risk in like any aspect.

do NOT use checks on username, do NOT use checks on tables which list users who are allowed to do something...

even if there would be an exit, I would not tell you to save you from the consequences.

Otto

p.s.: if you want to start a nice flamewar, ask this question in the security forum