cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Committed Date in STO -delivery schedule tab

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Could you please explain as to how the 'committed date' is calculated in the STO?

The issue that I am facing is that, earlier the 'committed date' was being calculated as the 'delivery date' minus the 'planned delivery time'. Now the system is taking the 'delivery date' as the 'committed date' as default.

I am not sure what has changed in the setting, to have changed the calculation. Could you explain whether my understanding of committed date calculation is correct and what things I should check to detect the root cause of this change in calculation.

Looking forward for your helpful inputs.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

S,

'Commited date' is neither of your two speculations.

Committed date is the date that the requirements in the supplying plant has been successfully ATP'd. It is accompanied by Committed quantity. This date/quantity is dependent upon the type of ATP your are doing, and whether or not you are using shipment scheduling. This field may contain 'no date', a date in the past, 'today', or a date in the future.

On the shipping tab of the STO:

What is the relationship between delivery date and Delivery creation date? Are they also the same?

Do you show a Planned delivery time?

Do you show a Route?

Do you show a shipping point?

Are you using Shipment Scheduling or Route Scheduling OLME > Purchase Order > Set up Stock Transport order > Assign delivery type and checking rule

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your answer.

The reply to all your questions is YES.There is a shipping point, route,planned delivery time.

We are using both shipping & routing scheduling.

Thanks!

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

S,

If your Delivery date and Delivery Creation date are the same, then it implies

1. Your Route duration is zero (Route config, 0VTC)

and

2. Your Pick/pack processing time is zero.(SP config, OVLZ)

Since you seem distressed by this fact, then 'fix' the offending data in configuration by adding appropriate durations.

Best Regards,

DB49.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have still not been able to resolve this.

This is the detail of my STO.

The material is available as of today.

Delivery creation date is blank.

Delivery date - 29.06.2011

Delivery date is taken as the PO creation date(22.06.2011) + Planned delivery time (7 days)

The committed date is 28.06.2011 since for shipping point , the pick pack time is 1 day.

In route , no transportation lead time is defined.

Do you think that the committed date calculation is correct, and this is how it should be?

Earlier in STO created, the committed date used to be Delivery date minus the planned delivery time.

This committed date was used as the despatch date for transportation.

Is this a standard SAP function of committed date calculation, or is this calculation maintained any where?

Which date should be taken as the despatch date for transportation?

Awaiting your valuable inputs.

Thank you!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Waiting for your inputs.

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

S,

Delivery creation date is blank.

I assume from this that these STOs are not deliverable (no outbound delivery)

Do you think that the committed date calculation is correct,

Yes

and this is how it should be?

That depends upon your business requirements.

Earlier in STO created, the committed date used to be Delivery date minus the planned delivery time.

If this truly was the case, you didn't have shipment scheduling activated. It is also possible that this is a new route, that should have had a duration entered, and does not. It is also possible that someone has changed the config for the route, or someone has changed the config for the shipping point, or that a new route is being determined, or that someone has changed your STO config etc etc etc. I don't know, because I don't know your current standard business processes, and how you have configured SAP to meet those requirements.. Normally, I would review existing STOs that work 'the way you want', and then look for differences.

This committed date was used as the despatch date for transportation

I don't know what you mean by Despatch date. Committed date is the date you must have the parts in stock, to meet the requirements date of the STO, according to the Availability check you have created. Some companies plan to begin the shipping process on these dates. Others maintain transportation planning time and/or loading time, and use that to plan shipping activities. I don't know what your 'standard' business processes are.

There are many ways to manage STO scheduling and STO availability checking and STO execution. If you strictly want to use Planned delivery time, then you must turn off shipment scheduling. As long as you are not creating outbound deliveries, this will not be an issue.

Here are a couple of links that will give you some background.

Availability check for STO (THIS is the thing that creates the committed date and committed quantity)

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/498149

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/43/543835bc0f357ee10000000a11466f/frameset.htm

Shipment scheduling

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/dd/5607e7545a11d1a7020000e829fd11/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

Thank you so much for your very informative and detailed answer.

I will go through the points mentioned by you , am sure this will be very helpful to me.

I am keeping this thread open for today, incase I have any more doubts related to this, I will post it.

Thank you once again!

Regards,

Shivali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii,

I have deactivated the 'shipment scheduling' and 'route scheduling' in STO setting and now the commitment date is being calculated as delivery date minus planned delivery time.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member197616
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You select the item in the PO and in the menu Environment -

availability , here you see the how ATP ( availability to promise ) works and come to a commitment date.

Regards,