Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Committed Date in STO -delivery schedule tab

Hi ,

Could you please explain as to how the 'committed date' is calculated in the STO?

The issue that I am facing is that, earlier the 'committed date' was being calculated as the 'delivery date' minus the 'planned delivery time'. Now the system is taking the 'delivery date' as the 'committed date' as default.

I am not sure what has changed in the setting, to have changed the calculation. Could you explain whether my understanding of committed date calculation is correct and what things I should check to detect the root cause of this change in calculation.

Looking forward for your helpful inputs.

Delivery creation date is blank.

I assume from this that these STOs are not deliverable (no outbound delivery)

Do you think that the committed date calculation is correct,

and this is how it should be?

That depends upon your business requirements.

Earlier in STO created, the committed date used to be Delivery date minus the planned delivery time.

If this truly was the case, you didn't have shipment scheduling activated. It is also possible that this is a new route, that should have had a duration entered, and does not. It is also possible that someone has changed the config for the route, or someone has changed the config for the shipping point, or that a new route is being determined, or that someone has changed your STO config etc etc etc. I don't know, because I don't know your current standard business processes, and how you have configured SAP to meet those requirements.. Normally, I would review existing STOs that work 'the way you want', and then look for differences.

This committed date was used as the despatch date for transportation

I don't know what you mean by Despatch date. Committed date is the date you must have the parts in stock, to meet the requirements date of the STO, according to the Availability check you have created. Some companies plan to begin the shipping process on these dates. Others maintain transportation planning time and/or loading time, and use that to plan shipping activities. I don't know what your 'standard' business processes are.

There are many ways to manage STO scheduling and STO availability checking and STO execution. If you strictly want to use Planned delivery time, then you must turn off shipment scheduling. As long as you are not creating outbound deliveries, this will not be an issue.

Here are a couple of links that will give you some background.

Availability check for STO (THIS is the thing that creates the committed date and committed quantity)

Shipment scheduling

Best Regards,

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question