cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Batch input in WDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have to input data to several infotypes through ABAP web dynpros, and batch input was chosen as the means to do it.

I created a Function Module which receives the required data and creates the Batch Sessions, since I can't use "Call transaction...using" in web dynpros.

The sessions are correctly created, I see them if i manually go to SM35, and I can release them if i want.

The last step is releasing the sessions programatically, that is from the WD itself; how do I do this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I solved it myself, report RSBDCSUB can be used in webdynpro too, for releasing batch sessions.

To avoid the short dump due to spool output (which is not allowed in WDA) you have to export it to memory (no need to recover it).

SUBMIT rsbdcsub EXPORTING LIST TO MEMORY
*        WITH ....
            AND RETURN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create FM with your BDC coding, i mean with all perform statements. and call this FM from webdynpro.

Please go through this...

cheers,

Kris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's right what i did, and that is for creating the batch session.

As for the first thread you're linking, it gives wrong info: you cannot use CALL TRANSACTION in WDA, it would generate error "Screen output without connection to user Error". I know because i've been getting it all morning, but if you don't believe me check these

I've looked on SDN forum and online reference, and the general idea is "Yes you can do it with batch sessions, it is the very same thing as doing it with a report. I don't know of any other way of releasing a batch session than report RSBDCSUB, which also is unavailable in WDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you can't use CALL TRANSACTION in WD.

Have you look this thread i already sent you..

-- Check this same issue discussed.

Check this also it might helps.

Cheers,

Kris.

Edited by: kissnas on Jun 11, 2011 7:22 AM