cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Freight to be inventorized on material while STO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts:

We have a need of following process when we transfer stock from one plant to another plant within same company using stock transport orders with delivery.

1) I created a stock transport order from Plant A to Plant B. (Plant A = Recv Plant, Plant B = Supply. Plant)

The product is shipped by a carrier XYZ and the freight is Rs 100.

We want to include Rs 100 (freight) in inventory of receiving plant and at the same time we want to pay to carrier Rs100 using shipment Document, Shipping cost document and Freight Purchase rorder

Has anybody has done this. Could you please provide details on this process???

Regard

Nabil

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nabeel,

From the Pricing procedure in the freight conditions remove the account key and the accruels.

that is its postings to the other account will not be done, and will be posted to the same account as the material.

Hope it will help you.

Regards,

Yawar Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Salaam

My freight cost is unknow while creating a STO purchase order, for normal scenario for freight i have done TM module in the system, But now for STO, how how should i go

Regard

Nabil

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Plan some amount for freight in STO and during LIV (MIRO), change the freight amount to actuals as per freight bill and then post the LIV Document, differential amount will get loaded on inventory if stock of material exists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nabeel,

As very well said by Mr Pankaj, give some amount in the PO and then change it at the time of LIV.

Regards,

Yawar Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Salaam

As said i have unticked Accrual key for freight condition and in the pricing procedure i have mark statical, still my freight cost is not getting inventorized on material

Regard

Nabil

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to load the freight cost on inventory then mark accrual key for freight condition type in M/06 and then assign the accrul key to the freight condition type in prcing and do not mark it as statistical in M/08.

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Freight cost can be taken to separate G/L Account and in STO the goods are valuated at the valuation price of the material in the issuing plant.

Check the link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/EN/4d/2b90dc43ad11d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards,

Biju K

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Work with Unplanned delivey cost.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am trying to do that............i have main the setting as said in the thread, but still freight is not getting upload on material.

Regard

NAbil

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Once u tick the accrual key in Condition type ,it will become statistical

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Saiyad,

See, just Check it out your Fright Condition Type ok and just assign NVV in your Fright Acural Key.

when you are using NVV, its means that amount is getting Inventories.

Regards:

Poision

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pricing configuration for STO: -

In SPRO > MM > Purchasing > Conditions > Define Price Determination Process > Define Schema Determination > Determine Schema for Stock Transport Orders > Here assign Calculation Schema "RM2000" i.e. Stock Transfer Document to Schema Grp Pur. Org, STO Type (For e.g. UB) and Supplying Plant.

Calculation Schema "RM2000" has condition type P101 which will pick up the MAP of supplying plant automatically during creation of STO in ME21N ("Conditions" Tab).

You can create new freight / delivery cost conditions in M/06 and assign in pricing procedure "RM2000" in M/08 and also assign the Accrual Key to this and do the Account Determination for this Accrual Key in OBYC

At the time of PGI, following accounting entry will get generated;

Stock A/c - Dr - 110 INR (Receiving Plant)
Stock A/c - Cr - 100 INR (Supplying Plant)
Freight Clearing A/c - Cr - 10 INR (Supplying Plant)

former_member824495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This can be done as a normal delivery cost by maintaining Freight condition in your STO pricing.

At the time of PGI, your freight amount will get inventorised in receiving plant. Finally you can do MIRO with planned delivery cost for freight charges.

One more thing is, freight charges will get inventorised if & only of price control of material in receiving plant is 'V'.