cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Operator Prompt on Conditions in BEx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is it possible to create prmopts on the opertaor itself for a condition on a KF? What I am looking for is:

I have a Key Figure KF1. Now I want to create a condition on it with a variable. But I don't want to specify the operator beforehand rather allow the user to select the Operator while running the query. Let me know if this is possible.

Thanks in advance,

Andy Kroos.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

BI 7.0 has new functionality of allowing variables for Exceptions. Where if User gets selection promot to enter a value and exceptions are generated based on that value.

I am not sure if it allows for Conditions as well. Check besides the text box where we enter a value in the Conditions whether there is a Variable click-in.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. There is a variable box as you are saying. But that does not allow me to create a prompt on the operator itself. I have to specify the operator & on the specified operator I can use the formula variable to get an input from the user for the KF.

SO say I have created condition on KF1 with operator "equal to" I can create a variable to get the input from the user. But that would only be for KF1 "equal to" user input. I want to have the operator to be selected by the user. So that he has the list of operators & from that he can select. e.g KF1 "less than" or KF1 "between"..

hope I could clarify.

Thanks,

Andy Kroos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, the Operator. Ok so you need EQ, LT, GT etc from the User. And also the value?

BEx supports entering only the Value to opeate and not the operator. But you can set any operator right?

So you can set 'BT' (Between) and then get range of values from the User Entry. In the end, this would help in analysis in very similar way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes we can have that. But unfortunately the requirement is more than that. We need to have the operator to be selected by the user while running the query.