cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining of 2 tables

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

pls. help. How can I join two tables in VC by key in this tables?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are referring to an operation like "SQL Join"

on two DB tables - this option is not implemted in VC.

the reason for this is that since a join operation is an "heavy load" operation,

and since by definition VC supposed to consume the the Business Logic operations' output, rather than perform them by himself.

it's preferable, and currently the only choice you got, that a join operation will be done on DB Side.

Amir M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amir,

thank you for your answer.

Maxim.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are using the BI JDBC connector, then you can join tables from the same data source by using the BI Integratio Wizard. Use the template Free Form.

Or youse the SQL Editor for the BI JDBC.

Note that this is less performant than creating a view directly in the database.

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mario, thanks.

But I'm not using BI JDBC. I recieve tables from functional module. So, I understand that I have to write another myown functional module, which will join this two tables.

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. From your original posting it was not clear that you use function modules. As long as those "tables" come from the same system, it's recommended to join them already in the backend system and not on the VC side.

Mario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Only after your answer I understand that my question was a little incorrect sorry.... I just begin to work with VC.