cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REJ Qty to include in Pln Ord ???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Our client want to include rejection quantities into planned order. How to do it in STD SAP or we need to do enhancement for the same? and how?

Kindly assist.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is not possible to include rejection qty into planned order as per standard SAP behaviour.

However, if you want to include scrap i.e. component scrap , assembly scrap & operation scrap then it is possible.

Component scrap you can maintain in MRP-4 view in Material master.

Assembly scrap you can maintain in MRP-1 view in Material Master.

Also Operation Scrap & Component scrap you can define in BOM ---> Item details screen for particular material.

Also Operation scrap you can define in Routing as well.

These all types of scrap are in % so when you run MRP system will plan material accordingly e.g. say you require child component X for 100 qty & you maintain 2% as component scrap then system will plan this component for 102 qty.

Hope this helps.

Revert in case any doubt.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'll explain it with example below:

we pln order for 10 qty.

now we confrm yield 8 n scrp 2

if agn i do the confrmntn it shd not execute that order i.e. my order deliver qty shd act like it has delivered complete 10 qty

how this can be achieve?

kindly help

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear amanpp,

What is the production scenario that you are working with?

If it's a REM scenario means once after confirming the entire quantity of the planned order,you will not be able to see the

planned order or the planned order confirmation details in the standard SAP.

If it's a discrete manufacturing means only production/process orders are used for confirmation and no planned orders.

There is no concept called including the rejected quantity in the planned order.

Now come back with your exact queries and requirement.

Regards

Mangalraj.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per standard SAP behaviour, this is not possible. At first, bifurcation of delivered qty & rejected qty is not possible at planned order level. Second thing is that your confirm yield qty will be only your delievered qty i.e. it doesnt include scrap / rejection in delivered qty. Delivered qty & rejection is received at actual manufacturing i.e. at Production / Process order level.

Also revert with exact business process you are using i.e. REM / Discrete / PP-PI then further details.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

its a discrete production, and client want to use scrap qty for sell or for other operations where it is suited, so they want it to behave like deliver qty's.

is there any way to achieve this in std sap?

kindly assist

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can achieve this business requirement through Rework order process.You can rework order separately for this order.

Say your order is of 10 qty. so you confirm it as 10 only i.e. do confirmation of full 10 qty even though 2 qty are scrap and then while Usage decision in QA32 bifurcate between unrestricted use as 8 qty & rest 2 you can put as blocked stock for which you make rework order and receive it with 531 movement as scrap for rework order.

Rework order you need to settle to your parent order. Also it is recommended to maintain separate order type for rework order so you can monitor costs of scrap / rework etc separately other than normal production.

Also you can fulfill requirement of reworking operations & extra raw material consumption etc through above rework order cycle & monitor costs as well.

Hope this helps.

Revert in case any doubt.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tejas,

very helpful ans, but I'm having one qus, what if the client is not maintaining quality mngt view n then in this case is there any other way to do so?

lets say, i confrm the order with all 10 units including 8 units as yield qty n 2 units of scrp, i move this scrp qty 2 units from accptd stor loc AC01 to rejected stor loc RJ01 using MB1B n 311 mov type, this way my yield wil get reduce, we can chck this scrp qty in MB51 mtrl doc, now by using MB1A n mov type 551 i can GI Scrap

But I'm not sure about abv process, as it'll not give me results agnst prod ord plus i've no idea how costing will generate for this process

Any other suggestions??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can surely go this way also. But I will suggest that you need to choose cost center carefully while posting 551 movement. So discuss with FICO consultant & Business owners as well before proceeding this option. Also ensure you can bifurcate 311 mvoements as well carefully since it is widely used for stock transfer from stor locn to stor locn for normal goods movements as well.

I suggested Rework order procedure because it gives you flexibility to map rework process also along with scrapping i.e. by means of it you get your material reworked with inserting operations & then you can get it back with 531 as ok material / scrap material and then further you can sell it as scrap or reuse as ok material.

Also it is not necessary to maintain QM view or quality inspection UD etc.I recommended so because generally scrap / rework etc is declared by QA so it is recommended to go that way. Otherwise you can get all material into Unrestricted use stock directly after GR for Production Order and then bifurcate Ok material & scrap based on shop floor conditions.

Hope this clears your doubts.

You need to take decision based on suitability to your business requirement.

Revert back if still any doubt / query.

Regards,

Tejas

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey,

thanks for the help, it solved my problem.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

for considering the rejction , he has to mintained as rejection %, as in MRP as Assembly Scrap, could maintain as Scrao in BOM Item,or as Component scrap.

Regards

Bhupendra Singh