cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

You cannot maintain the address (partner function 'Ship-to party' is empty)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I create one outbound delivery but when I click on address ( Symbol next to ship to party) it is showing below error.

You cannot maintain the address (partner function 'Ship-to party' is empty)

Message no. VPD017

I also check customer master , address is maintain properly.

in partner functions Sold-to party , Bill-to party , Payer , Ship-to party all are same. ( example: if bill to party is ABC then payer , ship to pary , bill to party all are ABC).

Please help.

Regards,

Nirav Desai

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii Nirav Desai,

You do correctly "configure automatic partner determination". The steps are as below -

Customer Master

Sales Document Header

Sales Document Item

Delivery Type

Shipment Type

Billing Header

Billing item

Sales Activities

1. How to define partner?

A grouping of partner functions. The procedure specifies which partner functions are allowed for a particular business transaction (for example, for processing a sales order) and which of those partner functions are mandatory.

Use

You define partner determination procedures in SD Customizing through Functions -> Partner determinat.

u2022 In sales documents, for example, you can specify the partner determination procedure according to sales document type and item category. During order entry, the system first proposes partners from the customer master record of the sold-to party. If this information does not exist in the customer master, the system automatically proposes the mandatory partners from the partner determination procedure that you specify in the document header.

u2022 For billing documents, for example, you can specify a partner determination procedure where the sold-to party, bill-to party, and payer are mandatory but the ship-to party is not (for billing, you are more interested in who orders and pays for the goods than in who receives them).

Thanks and Regards,

Santanu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. I got the answer.

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The partner procedure attached to your Delivery header; does this partner procedure have partner function SH?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Ship to party is in partner procedure.

Edited by: Nirav Desai on Aug 6, 2011 8:05 AM

Edited by: Nirav Desai on Sep 22, 2011 1:41 PM