cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to unmap the fields in the Import Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Currently in the import map, i have mapped a tuple segment and later i releazsied it should not be part of my mapping

But those fields cannot be deleted from input file since i am receiving it from external system

I have unmapped those fields, & save the updated map..

To my suprise, when i use the updated map for next load, the fields which i unmapped is invoked again with the original mapping

Please help to resolve it

Regards.

Antony

Edited by: A.Antony vivekprasanna on Jun 10, 2011 2:33 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183733
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you have the field used in the matching fields? - If yes: Please remove first the field in that tab and then you should be able to un-map the field in field mappings. In other words: You can only un-map if used dependencies are resolved.

Regards

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Those fields are not used as matching fields.. I am not sure why this is happening

I will raise a OSS notes

Thanks for the responses

Regards,

Antony

former_member208981
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

Try the below:

Make the change.. do SAVE AS .. say Map 1.

close the original map and open map 1. it shud be as u want it.

You can delete the original map and rename Map 1 as required.

Thanks,

Priti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anthony,

I agree with Priti,try saving the same map with changes as a new map.Check if it works.

Your current map seems to have been currupt.

I have also encountered this behavior and I created a separate map to resolve this.

Also please try SAVE option after you make changes rather then using Save Update option.

Hope this helps!

Please report your observation.

Thanks,

Ravi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

Give another try. Open your map in the import Manager, unmap the appropriate fields, save the updated map using "SAVE UPDATE" option (in File menu) in import manager.

Kindly check and revert with the result.

- Shiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiv,

I have tried as you have said.. But the unmapped fields are getting mapped to the old target fields when i open the updated map with the same input file

Is the probelm is due to the occurance of those fields in input file ???

But it cant be avoided since the external system is providing that file

Kindly help

Regards,

Antony

former_member205403
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

If this is happening then the only thing that I could say is, "Its very strange and definitely not the expected behavior from the system."

Kindly report this to SAP by creating an OSS message. Kindly let us know the result.

-Shiv