Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Client Certificates issue when testing

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to transact with a partner using client certificates. At present I'm testing this process using our DEV and QAS PI systems. I have performed the following actions

I have created a very basic HTTP - HTTP interface to test with. This works and has been tested properly.

I have installed the client certificatefrom our QAS system in the the DEV STRUST Client Certs

I have installed the client certificatefrom our DEVsystem in the the QASSTRUST Client Certs

I have created a SM59 destination in our DEV sytstem which points to QAS. Logon/Security Settings are 'No Logon', SLL Active, SSL Client Certificate 'Default SLL Client (Standard)'.

When I test this I am prompted for a username and password. If I add my username and password it works.

is there something I'm missing? Is there something else I need to do to enable client certificated without username and password in PI?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The UserName & Password are required for WS authentication access.

You need to create a User Service Type, to use for WebService authentication, and you can pass with fix value to WS in endpoint url.

Another option is to trust systems between them with sso.

robert_warde4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi spantaleoni,

Thanks for the response.

I thought the whole point of using client certificates was the need to avoid using usernames and passwords.

Regards

Rob

Former Member
0 Kudos

Client Certificate not avoid to use Service Authentication.

Client certificates authenticate the user accessing the web site to the web site software.

The typical client certificate contains several items of information: the identity of the user, the identity of the certification authority, a public key that is used for establishing encrypted communications, and validation information, such as an expiration date and serial number. Certification authorities offer different types of client certificates, which contain differing amounts of information, depending on the level of authentication that is required.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have installed the client certificatefrom our DEVsystem in the the QASSTRUST Client Certs

-

After this process before you could go to SM59 to check the connectivity Test , Did try refresh :ICM Monitor

Please try doing this after installation of client certification:

Steps

-STRUST

- Enviornment Menu > ICM monitor

-Administration Menu > ICM > Exit Soft > Local

You get a notification message : Update

Later plesae try checking the connectivity test in SM59

Note : If it is client certifcate , I strongly feel you need to import Client certificate for : SSL client CA Signed

Hope this helps

Best regards,

Varalakshmi

Answers (0)