cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the field name of variable system information on SAP B1

former_member445201
Participant

Hi All,

I recently wanted to create a simple SQL query to list all ITEM MASTER DATE where the weight is blank. This is so i can get a list of all items with the weight information missing from the system to investigate.

It turns out the weight field within the SALES DATA tab is a system variable. When i pull the OITM table up within the query generator i can not identify where this variable name come up without guessing which can give me the wrong information.

Can someone point me into the direction on how to assisocate variable to a field name within SAP B1. This is also another problem if i wanted to display variable within Crystal report layout.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204969
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The simplest thing to try in a test data base. Select * from OITM and watch.

The weight in the sales tab is stored in the SWeight1 field.

former_member445201
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have exactly done that but was wondering whether there is a technique to find out the field name without searching the whole field and testing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nick Dang,

Try This

SELECT T0.[ItemCode], T0.[ItemName], T0.[SalUnitMsr], T0.[SHeight1],  T0.[SWidth1], T0.[SLength1], T0.[SVolume], T0.[SWeight1] FROM OITM T0 WHERE T0.[ItemCode] =[%0]

Thanks,

Srujal Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

using SDK help,you can find the table and its strucure, and the description...

hope this will help you

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are not able to find the field name from variables. SDK help file is a way to go.

There is refdb.chm file that including all table references.

Thanks,

Gordon