cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MessagingException: No response available

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing a problem in Production server (PI 7.1).

I have synchronous interfaces between SOAP to RFC and RFC to RFC via PI.

Some time, the interfaces are failing with the error u201Ccom.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: No response availableu201D

Functional consultant has kept the trace in ECC system (for the RFC calls), we donu2019t find any call/trace for the one which fails with the error u201CNo response availableu201D.

I have checked the auidit log the, the log says as below.

011-06-09 04:40:44 Information RfcAdapter received sRFC for RFC##### from SID/client. Trying to send message synchronously.

2011-06-09 04:40:44 Information MP: entering1

2011-06-09 04:40:44 Information MP: processing local module localejbs/RfcAFBean

2011-06-09 04:40:44 Information The application tries to send an XI message synchronously using connection RFC_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System.

2011-06-09 04:40:44 Information Trying to put the message into the call queue.

2011-06-09 04:40:44 Information Message successfully put into the queue.

2011-06-09 04:40:44 Information The message was successfully retrieved from the call queue.

2011-06-09 04:40:44 Information The message status was set to DLNG.

2011-06-09 04:43:44 Error Received XI System Error. ErrorCode: GENERAL ErrorText: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: No response available. ErrorStack: null

2011-06-09 04:43:44 Error Transmitting the message using connection RFC_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: XIAdapterFramework:GENERAL:com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: No response available..

2011-06-09 04:43:44 Error The message status was set to FAIL.

2011-06-09 04:43:44 Error Returning to application. Exception: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: XIAdapterFramework:GENERAL:com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: No response available.

2011-06-09 04:43:44 Error MP: exception caught with cause com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: XIAdapterFramework:GENERAL:com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: No response available.

I am trying to find out the problem.

I think, message is getting failed in AFW and it is not reaching the reciver communication channel.

Do you think, the cache refresh will solve the problem.

As this is critical issue,I need your suggestions. Please let me know, what could be the problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Venu V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This error usually is caused because ECC would actually not be sending any response back to PI.

Maybe the RFC not return any response or there is some problem in the route between the server and PI. Response is lost on the way back.

Check for server, proxy, firewall...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

We had kept the trace in ECC for the calls from SOAP to RFC via PI.

We did not get any trace in ECC for the call which failed.

Trace is there for successful calls.

Still not sure where the problem is?

Thanks & Regards,

Venu V

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mr. Venu V,

If there's no trace in ECC for error call and other calls are running fine, probably the message was not correctly delivered.

But mine is only a supposition.