cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Subcontracting for assets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I am trying to test a subcon process for asset repair and am doing the following steps:

- create subcon PO with asset as a recursive item.

- transfer posting to vendor stock

- 57F4 challan creation since the asset is excisable

- GRN for the repaired asset

- reconcile the challan

- close the challan.

I am facing an issue at the time of reconciliation. the system is not reconciling the component that i sent out and it stays zero even after i reconcile the document and save it. In the J1IFR report i find that the reconciliation is pending.

please tell me if I am on a totally wrong track and if not then what am I missing.

thanks in advance

Gurvinder

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurvinder,

The material is asset - that means its not in the physical stock- it has capitalized then how you are send the material out on 57F.

Regards, Niti Narayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niti

we had created material code for the capital item and then created stock for the sane ti be sent to the vendor. i m still in the testing phase for the process and hence want to know whether what we plan to do is correct or not.

what is the ideal process for sending assets out on repair.

Regards

Gurvinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurvinder,

The way you are doing is fine go for the recursive BOM create a Non- valuated material upload some stock - subsequently follow the process explained by Pankaj.

Regards, Niti Narayan

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks Pankaj & Niti.

I just have one more query. in the movement type groups I find only 2 grps - 0001 & 0002. for the recursive bom should i create a separate movement type group?

regards

gurvinder

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

NO, you have to change the Movement Type Group for receipts (i.e. 0002). You have to assign the same in Subc Attributes of Excise Group.

Check following config.

- SPRO > Logistics - General > Tax on Goods Movements > India > Business Transactions > Subcontracting > Subcontracting Attributes

Here maintain following;

Excise Group         XX
Excise TT            57FC
Subtransaction Type  01
 Subtran Type Text   57FC CHALLAN
 Subc. Period        180
 Rate-subcontracting
 Mvt Grp Issues      0001
 Mvt Grp Receipt     0002
 Filter Non exise
 EI Items            10
 No. range no.       01
 Ass. Val. /Exc Inv
 Subcon Output Type  J1IF

- SPRO > Logistics - General > Tax on Goods Movements > India > Business Transactions > Subcontracting > Maintain Movement Type Groups

Here maintain following

MVT. Grp. MvT S
0001      101 O
0001      541 O
0002      542
0002      542 O
0002      543 O

Former Member
0 Kudos

issue is resolved. thanks Pankaj for the solution. it worked with the movement type groups.

Former Member
0 Kudos

issue is resolved. thanks Pankaj for the solution. it worked with the movement type groups.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just check the Movement Type Groups for Subcontracting process in path; SPRO > Logistics - General > Tax on Goods Movements > India > Business Transactions > Subcontracting > Maintain Movement Type Groups

For Recursive BOM, The movement type group for receipts should hold the 543-movement type only instead of the 101-movement type.