Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRS - Statement to be uploaded directly into SAP

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Requirement is:

When my client do BRS, they should get statement from bank which should be directly uploaded. And once its uploaded, they will execute BRS program and posting must be done (by clearing the sub accounts). It is not possible to enter transaction type (which we do in FF67) since the bank statement is very long.

Please help me how to do this and also share document or link to know more on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member193511
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please refer related to implementing BRS or EBS implementation guide and customizing explanation.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/en/43/0bd40843de11d1896f0000e8322d00/frameset.htm

Kind regards,

John Chin

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

If your baanker caan supply the MT940 or Multicash statement, you can use the electronic bank statement functionality in sap. it will meet your requirements

regards

Sanil

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When i read the link, it is telling that the customer will be cleared at the time of E-BRS only. But in my case, customer will be cleared when i post incoming receipts in F-28.

My only requirement is that the E-BRS should only post the transactions:

1. Transaction from sub accounts to main accounts

2. Charges / Interest should be posted directly

Edited by: Deepak Agrawal on Jun 10, 2011 1:44 PM

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

What you have said is perfectly possible in EBS. You can said up the posting keys in such a way, that all the transactions, other than Bank Charges and interest will happen between the subaccount and main account without any reference to customer. Apart from your manual bank statement config, there are only two more additional steps for EBS

1. Assign Posting Rules to external transaction types (tobe supplied by your banker0

2. Assign the Bank Key and account number and company code combination to statement identifier

Regards

Sanil Bhandari

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In my case there are 5 branches at different cities. All these are considered as profit center.

Now these branches have separate bank accounts with same bank say ICICI

So i have created 1 bank key for ICICI bank, 1 house bank for ICICI bank and 5 account ids for separate bank accounts.

So creating one bank key and one house bank will create any problem in EBS or any other interface in future?

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

Ideally each seperate Branch should represent individual house bank. With in one branch, you can have many bank accounts. However, as long as Account no are different, there should not be a problem from the perspective of EBS. You may have issue in cash management, liquisity planning or deposit products, in case you plane to use them in future. Take that into consideration before you finalize the deign for banks.

Regards

Sanil

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

what about bank key?

each branch should be each bank key (like house bank) or one bank key will do?

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Ideally, yes. In one of my projects, i have defined it as a combination of ZIP Code, region and bank code as defined by the country's central bank

Regards

Sanil

former_member221515
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It means in my example, since i have 5 bank accounts in 5 different branches (of same bank), ideally, i will have to create 5 different bank keys and 5 different house banks.

please respond on this.

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

yes

regards

sanil