cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vendor Authrization...for create and change (XK01 and XK02)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

i want a configretion that when user create a new vendor or change in vendor master by XK01 and XK02 there should be a authrization process by his HOD before using those codes via any perticular T-code like.. Release Process of PO....?

pl. tell me step by step.

thanks in advance.

Anurag Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi

There is another option in vendor master. You can define certain fields as sesitive fields. there after till the sensitive field are confirmed, the vendor master cannot be used. The config exists in FI. Consult your FI Colleague for helping on defining Sensitive fields for dual control in vendor master

Regards

Sanil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sanil is correct. The tcode FK08 can be used for confirmation of the changes made to the Vendor master. This confirmation Tcode authorisation can be given to your HOD only. This way you can solve the process issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tanx a lot guys for reply......

but plz tell me which fields should be define as sensetive....?

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi sanil,

pl. tell me how to do it .....

i configured according to you but there is no error showing while using new vendor code.

it works only for Change vendor master data not for creating new vendor code.

pl. suggest me..

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When the user creates the vendor it should be blocked automatically in XK05,check for any user exit for this.

Then the HOD should remove the block using XK05.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag,

In thiven case the Vendor creation is the master data, and done by the MDM team or the MM functional consultant using the standard LSMW or the BDC, whichever way is followed. and for them to execute the job they need to have the approval process which can be handeled by the intra mail communication for the vendor(to be created).

another way is to take the approval using the Solution Manager. but still the user have the authority to create the Vendor at any point of time that is without approval also. you can not have your requirement fulfilled iin the standard SAP.

Hope it will help you.

Regards,

Yawar Khan