cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contact Catalog - Source of supply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are with SRM 5.0, Classic scenario with MDM catalogs.

When i create the shopping cart from catalog, source of supply is assigning automatically with the vendor & Contract number.

And because of this, the vendor selected in the shopping cart differs from the vendor that got dispalyed with Purchase Requeistion in ECC.

Is this refers to Contract catalog ? How do i delete this so that it should not ddisplay automatically when ii transfer the items from catalog ?

More inputs on this is really appreciated.

Thanks

Nag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

ABC vendor has cotract for material 1234 and when you search and this material 1234 . the ABC vendor is a fixed source of supply and sticken to the shopping cart and now PO should be creted if ABC vendor has a valid contract for 1234 Material request.

Where the new vendor DEF comes into the purchase request .

Please check SRM change logs any one deleted a fixed source of supply ABC vendor and added a new vendor DEF or chaeck PR change history.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu

you are right. Now, the user is not aware that contact exists for this vendor and so, when he try to add items of this vendor thru catalog to the SC, it is replacing with the contract vendor automatically in the souce of supply which business not required infact.

Where can i change or delete this contract ?

Hope you got my question. Let me know if am not clear.

Thanks

Nag

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naga

1. REQUESTER has a facility to delete the fixed source of supply (thrash button) for catalog item and you can propose to a business to deactivate the delete button for only catalog shopping cart items.

2. if the contract or vendor is available for the sc requested material , the vendor will be available in the shopping cart (i.e fixed vendor) and partner funtion generated as 19

3. i dont have a system now to check , for ex .

material which has contract or material with vendor from the catalog -create a sc and delete the vendor and again add a new vendor other than old vendor and approve it and order it (now partner function would be 39 and PR will be created with new vendor

Muthuraman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Muthu.As a work around, it worked

I have one question :

User is trying to get the items from 'X' catalog. This 'X' catalog has 4 suppliers having their different prodct Group.

What i found(analysis) is, for one particualr group 'TLXXXX' whichever material is assinged, when we get back to SRM, they are coming as 'Agreement' in source of supply.

How this is been set up actually ? As per material group ? or ?

If so, how could we delete this contract ?

Please explain.

Many thanks for taking ur time and 4 explanation.

Thanks

Nag

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As you are aware there two types of item possible in general contract

(1) Material 1234 ( material group XYZ )23.00 usd PER EACH - THIS IS MATERIAL CONTRACT in side one contract

(2) MATERIAL GROUP xyz 450.00 USD - THIS is material group (product category) contract in side one contract

contract 540000001 TOTAL VALUE 100000 USD has two items

one is material 1234 - 23.00 USD

and

another one is PRODUCT CATEGORY xyz - 450.00

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay, does this mean they are purchasing contracts ?

I have checked mine and my contract number '40000051' doesnt exists in SRM ( Confirmed through BBP_PD )

When i check the same in ECC ( ME32K transaction ), i found this contract with the the same material group ( product group ) i mentioned earlier.

If so i remove the entry from this ME32K, this gets resolved ?

Please let me know.

Thanks

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hey

then they would have transfered contract data from ECC to MDM

coming to your point , what DO you want to do with in ME32K ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transferring contract data from ECC to MDM is possible ? okay...then where this can be seen exactly in ECC then ? or MDM ?

I just told about ME32K where i am able to see this contract/agreeement number. I just told that i can delete the entry here which i may be wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

Where can i show the user in ECC tor MDM that this has been trasnferred from ECC to MDM ? If they do not want this to be continued further, how to resolve this issue then ?

Thanks

Answers (0)