cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SPP4.3] 404 Resource Not Found error on uPerform Server config

Former Member
0 Kudos

After installing SPP4.3 and trying to configure the application server, I'm getting a 404 Resources Not Found error when trying to login as the uPerform server admin.

I accessed the Vignette Collaboration server using URL http://<server>:8080/

Then pressed the Login button.

The URL changed to http://<server>/gm/mypage?

But the page displays the message below.

"Error: The requested resource is not available."

However, I managed to actually login as admin using URL http://<server>:8080/vbcs/ServerConfiguration.jsp

But as soon as I attempt to set the administrator email, I get the error icon on the right hand side.

A check in the IIS log says something like this:

"GET /gm/ModifyObject object=administratorUser&emailAddress=... 80 - 404 0 0"

The 404 error indicates that /gm/ModifyObject cannot be found as a resource. This is consistent with the error for /gm/mypage? which leads me to believe the installation failed to deliver this directory.

Is this a vendor's mistake? Has anybody experienced the same thing and got a solution? Please help...

Clement

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clement,

Thank you for using this new SPP forum.

I noticed that you also have a message created in parallel. I am dealing with this.

Looking at this error, most customers that get this are having

trouble with LDAP synchronization.

Could you please follow these steps?

1. Stop the Vignette Collaboration and VignFileSystemFetch services

2. Stop the AutonomyDISH and AutonomyIDOLServer services

3. Start the AutonomyDISH and AutonomyIDOLServer services

4. Start the Vignette Collaboration and VignFileSystemFetch services

5. Restart the RWD uPerform Monitoring service

6. Login to the uPerform server and perform another LDAP synchronization

If this fails to resolve issue please try logging on again

If no users are synchronized, please check the newly created CollabConsole.txt log file along with the ServerErrors.xml log file for the latest errors.

Kind Regards,

Matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for getting back to me Matthew.

Now this is strange. I can only see the Vignette Collaboration Service.

I cannot see any of these services:

- VignFileSystemFetch

- AutonomyDISH

- AutonomyIDOLServer

I'm following the instructions in the RWD uPerform® Administration v4.3, and currently stuck at Chapter 4 page 58, where I'm trying to input an administrator's email address.

I'm doing a new installation. I have reinstalled the servers numerous times and have never seen those services appearing. Please help! What am I missing?

Thanks,

Clement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clement,

VignFileSystemFetch service is on the uPerform Web Application server.

AutonomyDiSH service is on the uPerform Search server.

AutonomyIDOLServer service is on the uPerform Search server.

For AutonomyDiSH or AutonomyIDOLServer.

1. Select START > CONTROL PANEL.

2. Select Administrator Tools.

3. Select Services.

4. Select AutonomyDISH.

When following steps to setup administrator's email address do you get any errors?

Regards,

Matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clement,

Did my reply give you any more information?

Matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

Yes, the information was helpful. However, I am still unable to locate the AutonomyDiSH or AutonomyIDOLServer services, even after reinstalling both search server and web server from scratch. I believe this is because I'm installing SPP4.3.

Chapter 6 of the uPerform Administration Guide 4.3 talks about upgrading uPerform from a previous version and it says this:

"Upgrading the search server is a four-step process: uninstalling the Autonomy IDOL server, installing the Common Apache Solr server, verifying the Solr service is running, reindexing the uPerform server"

This seems to indicate that the Autonomy services are replaced by a service called "Common Apache Solr-solr" in SPP4.3. Can you please confirm whether my thinking is correct?

Also you mentioned in your first reply: 6. Login to the uPerform server and perform another LDAP synchronization. Can you indicate how exactly I can do the LDAP synchronization? Do you mean executing uSchedule.exe?

Also, with regards to the administrator email error. I managed to login to the uPerform administrator screen with the "admin" account. I specified an administrator email and a timezone. I then clicked on "Save" button. This is where I get an error icon on the right hand side. How can I get the details of the error?

FYI - I'm installing search server, and web application in one server.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Clement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clement,

Yes, I can now confirm Common Apache Solr server replaces Autonomy.

We haven't had questions on this for 4.3 yet.

As for my number, 6, this was an extra step which I should have taken out of my answer.

Regarding to the administrator email error.

Have you checked the install logs? There are more useful when performing steps to install application.

What is the text in the error?

Regards,

Matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Matthew for pointing me to the logs. I do find the following errors come up inside CollabConsole.txt post-installation. Trouble is I don't know what they mean and I cannot find the IKSResourceUserText.properties file it talks about. Any assistance would be appreciated.

SQL Server database adaptor initialized.

Connected to Microsoft SQL Server Microsoft SQL Server 2008 - 10.0.4000

>>> ERROR: The key "PROP_DESC_ARCHIVE_SERVICE_ENABLED" was not found in the file: IKSResourceUserText.properties.

>>> ERROR: The key "PROP_DESC_INDEXPARENTONCOMMENTUPDATE" was not found in the file: IKSResourceUserText.properties.

>>> ERROR: The key "PROP_DESC_GI_OT_SEARCH_HOSTNAME" was not found in the file: IKSResourceUserText.properties.

>>> ERROR: The key "PROP_DESC_GI_OT_SEARCH_PORT" was not found in the file: IKSResourceUserText.properties.

>>> ERROR: The key "PROP_DESC_GI_SOLR_SEARCH_HOSTNAME" was not found in the file: IKSResourceUserText.properties.

>>> ERROR: The key "PROP_DESC_GI_SOLR_SEARCH_PORT" was not found in the file: IKSResourceUserText.properties.

>>> ERROR: The key "PROP_DESC_ARCHIVE_SERVICE_ENABLED" was not found in the file: IKSResourceUserText.properties.

>>> ERROR: The key "PROP_DESC_INDEXPARENTONCOMMENTUPDATE" was not found in the file: IKSResourceUserText.properties.

>>> ERROR: The key "PROP_DESC_GI_OT_SEARCH_HOSTNAME" was not found in the file: IKSResourceUserText.properties.

>>> ERROR: The key "PROP_DESC_GI_OT_SEARCH_PORT" was not found in the file: IKSResourceUserText.properties.

>>> ERROR: The key "PROP_DESC_GI_SOLR_SEARCH_HOSTNAME" was not found in the file: IKSResourceUserText.properties.

>>> ERROR: The key "PROP_DESC_GI_SOLR_SEARCH_PORT" was not found in the file: IKSResourceUserText.properties.

The servererror.xml file also displays the following:

- <Log>

- <Entry Type="Error" Id="1e315c96-e5fd-4fd4-8292-5973c453c71c">

<Date>19/06/2011 14:02:25</Date>

<ThreadID>9</ThreadID>

<ErrorCode>24-01-014</ErrorCode>

<RoutineNamespace>RWD.uPerform.CMS.Vignette.VerifyLicense</RoutineNamespace>

<FriendlyMessage>An error occurred while verifying license.</FriendlyMessage>

<Message>The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found.</Message>

<StackTrace>at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadData(Uri address) at RWD.uPerform.CMS.Vignette.GetBytesFromServer(Uri uri, CredentialSet CredentialsToUse, String postData) at RWD.uPerform.CMS.Vignette.GetStringFromServer(Uri uri, CredentialSet CredentialsToUse, String postData) at RWD.uPerform.CMS.Vignette.VerifyLicense() at RWD.uPerform.WindowsService.QueueMonitor.VerifyLicense()</StackTrace>

<Parameters />

</Entry>

</Log>

Does the error above suggest the server is trying to use the internet to verify the license? If so, at what point during the installation can I specify the internet server?

Thanks again,

Clement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clement,

Regarding CollabConsole.txt errors.

These errors are nothing to worry about, we had same errors when an Ancile developer was installing 4.3 for us.

Regarding this issue, I'll continue processing issue through the message to make it more efficient.

We'll try get this resolved quickly.

Regards,

Matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

After lots of trial and error, I have resolved the error. And here's the solution and other useful info I want to share.

FYI - my setup is Windows 2003 Server, IIS6, SQL 2008, SPP4.3. I'm installing DB, Search Server, and uPerform all in one box.

<b>1. Missing authorisation</b>

If you following the installation manual for uPerform Server 4.3, you will see that the isapi_redirect-1.2.30.dll file (which is the ISAPI filter in your uPerform Collaboration website) getting a 401 (unauthorized) error in the event log.

You will need to grant the group EVERYONE up to modify access on the Vignette/Collaboration folder. At first I tried it only on the JKConnect folder, the ISAPI filter fired up, but I still receive the admin config issues. The access has to be granted on the entire Collaboration folder in order to successfully perform the configuration steps.

By the way, I suspect granting EVERYONE modify access is not appropriate anyway. Matthew: if you can advice what account should be granted the access that would be great.

<b>2. Optional - enable ISAPI logging for isapi_redirect-1.2.30.dll</b>

This is not absolutely necessary. But enabling the ISAPI logging eventually assisted me in resolving my problem. It appears SPP4.3 installation does not put the registry keys in properly for the Apache Software Foundation key group.

With the help of this webpage, I was able to get ISAPI logging happening and the assurance that the worker files are located properly.

http://www.techstacks.com/howto/iis_and_isapi_redirect.html

Create a file called isapi_redirect-1.2.30.properties and place it inside Vignette/Collaboration/JKConnect/bin/ (basically same place as the dll file of the same name).

The file content should be this:

(take note of the double back slash of the file paths - I'm using triple back slash to indicate this as double back slash are not showing up properly in this forum for some reason)

(the modify access I mentioned before is also necessary if you want the logging to work)

-

1. Configuration file for the Jakarta ISAPI Redirector

1. The path to the ISAPI Redirector Extension, relative to the website

2. This must be in a virtual directory with execute privileges

extension_uri=/jakarta/isapi_redirect-1.2.30.dll

1. Full path to the log file for the ISAPI Redirector

log_file=D:
\Vignette
\Collaboration
\JKConnect
\logs
\isapi.log

1. Log level (debug, info, warn, error or trace)

log_level=error

uri_select=unparsed

1. Full path to the workers.properties file

worker_file=D:
\Vignette
\Collaboration
\JKConnect
\conf
\workers.properties

1. Full path to the uriworkermap.properties file

worker_mount_file=D:
\Vignette
\Collaboration
\JKConnect
\conf
\uriworkermap.properties

-

<b>3. Make sure Jakarta ISAPI filter is not added in IIS -> Website node.</b>

This is the stupid error that I got myself into, which took me an entire week to figure out. I hope nobody has to go through the same pain I've been through.

I was googling for all sorts of solution to resolve the ISAPI error. One of the advices I followed was manually add the isapi_redirect-1.2.30.dll to Internet Information Service (IIS) manager -> Web Sites -> properties -> ISAPI filters tab.

This has caused my ISAPI redirector to raise 404 errors because it doesn't know how to redirect pages, and resulted in errors when I configure the administrator email. Just make sure you DO NOT do this.

So the lesson I learnt was: It's ok to google and pick up ideas, but reverse the bit that didn't work.

And Matthew, my sincere apologies if you've been stressing out on how to resolve this one. Please close the message I raised. I hope I'm not on your blacklist

Thank you,

Clement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Clement,

It was no problem.

Regarding your query

getting a 401 (unauthorized) error in the event log

"I suspect granting EVERYONE modify access is not appropriate anyway."

If you had the exact syntax of the error I can have a look. I can't see anything on our database for this, plus I have never come across it.

Thank you for the detailed inputs. It looks like you had a troublesome week.

Kind Regards,

Matthew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello I have a similar error when trying to delete a project, the file "servererrror.xml" shows the following error.

Any ideas?

Log>

- <Entry Type="Error" Id="a8047cf6-e9eb-4ced-851d-f793a4a59c09">

<Date>11/24/2011 8:37:30 PM</Date>

<ThreadID>5</ThreadID>

<ErrorCode>0</ErrorCode>

<RoutineNamespace>uPerformWS.DeleteProject</RoutineNamespace>

<Message>The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.</Message>

<StackTrace>at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadDataInternal(Uri address, WebRequest& request) at System.Net.WebClient.DownloadData(Uri address) at RWD.uPerform.CMS.Vignette.GetBytesFromServer(Uri uri, CredentialSet CredentialsToUse, String postData) at RWD.uPerform.CMS.Vignette.GetStringFromServer(Uri uri, CredentialSet CredentialsToUse, String postData) at RWD.uPerform.CMS.Vignette.MakeVignetteRequest(String querystring) at uPerformWS.DeleteProject(String projectOID)</StackTrace>

<Parameters />

</Entry>

</Log>

Answers (0)