cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error executing OS command

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PI Gurus,

I have a scenerio of proxy to file. In receiver CC of file adapter (NFS) I am passing a batch script path in command line.

My scenerio is running okey but the script at the location is not getting triggered.

Warning coming: Error executing OS command.

Whereas when I put the batch script under same path where I am dumping my file, it is not giving any error.

Is any access problem is there?

Thanks,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

Follow the below steps before attaching the script in the command line of XI system.

1. Run the script manually first with the same user that ur XI system runs with keeping a dummy file in the desired folder of your applicatin server.

2. provide full authorization to the folder using the command CHMOD 7777 <folder name>

3. Attached the file in the command line of XI by providng the full path(write the command PWD in the same directory where your script is location) and then copy the full path to the XI command line using the proper syntax.

4. Run the test and check if it is provinng the same exception. Hopefully the problem will be solved .

Cheers,

Jay

sunilchandra007
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi krishna,

I guess you are not using absolute path(full path of directory) of the script in OS command. Also try to use absolute path for handling the file in the script.

Regards,

Sunil Chandra

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Krishna,

Check out Michael's blog If you have not

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/17/xi-operation-system-command--error-catching

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/21/executing-unix-shell-script-using-operating-system-command-in-xi

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2007/02/08/xipi-command-line-sample-functions

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/08/17/xi-operation-system-command--error-catching

Regards

Pothana