cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FF.5 EBS as an automated, background and scheduled job

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I'm new in EBS and my requirement is to automate FF.5 and to run it as a background and scheduled job. Automated means that the users will not be involved in selecting the files. The client's EBS is already configured and running. There will be a specific directory wherein SAP will get and process all files found there and then dump them to another folder depending on whether they were processed or in case of error. The users will not have access with the files.

I have talked with our ABAP, and a custom program will automatically select the files for processing then submit this to FF.5. Meanwhile, FF.5 will run as a BDC and it will be scheduled in SM37. Are we on the right track? And will this mean that 1 account is equal to 1 background job?

My other concern is what are the possible scenarios wherein the file will not be processed, aside from configuration issues? We have to address the reprocessing of files as well. Really appreciate all you inputs and recommendations.

Thanks,

Reiko

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There will be one job for one file. Say if you have multiple banks in one Bank and you will receive one single file for them, then only one batchjob will be required.

The major issues appears in the config apart from anyother thing, So make sure, the config and requirement matches.

Let me now if you need more inputs.

Thanks

Nikhil