cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

COA Printing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How he can get a COA for a shipment that has not even loaded and the systems should not allow that to happen. I don't see batch numbers on either of these, and they both have the same values. Is there any way to prevent COAs from printing, or have them print without values for any shipments that have not taken place?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Explore user exit

QC100004 QM Certificates: User-Exit Before Call-Up of Form Printout

Former Member
0 Kudos

User has manually added a COA output record to two future Ultra-phase G orders with a "send immediately" code 4 instead of "send with application own transaction" code 3. COAs for both of these ord#s 5938059 (89271305) and # 5938058 (89279338) were emailed to the customer (Fielden McMillan). Fielden is asking how he can get a COA for a shipment that has not even loaded and why our systems would allow that to happen. I don't see batch numbers on either of these, and they both have the same values. Jonathan is getting a lot of pressure about our processes and wants an explanation. Is there any way to prevent COAs from printing, or have them print without values for any shipments that have not taken place?

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My guess is you have your characteristics in the COA profile set up as "Optional" instead of required. Having them set as required would prevent the COA from being printed if any of the requried values are missing.

I am a firm believer that all characteristics in a COA profile, (or at least a major subset of them), should be required. Usually companies make them optional as a means to reduce the number of COA profiles and master data maintainance they need to do. This is usually short-sighted decision that can lead to non-compliance issues.

In some business, every customer might need their own individual COA profile. (however that is pretty rare).

If the material is batch managed I don't understand how you were able to print out a COA. My guess is that maybe you have a custom print program being used and the normal checks that SAP has in their COA print program are being bypassed. My guess here is that print program has some type of logic to "fall back" to some generic batch to print out "typical" values or "guaranteed" values. That's the only way I can see how you got identical results on two different COA's and had no batches assigned.

Also, in configuration, look at your Output detemination under the COA sectoin in QM. You'll find a config option called "Define Exclusion Conditions". Look at exclusion conditions 12 and 13. These can be used to prevent COA creation until the delviery is picked. Look at 15 and 16 to prevent COA from printing untill the PGI happens on the delviery.

Also, as a friendly note, in future postings, I would suggest you not mention a customer's name. You might find they read these same forums and seeing a posting about their issue, and what issues or problems could be causing a problem could lead them to ask a whole bunch more questions about your systems.

FF