Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONVERSION_EXIT_MATN1_INPUT is not working!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am using to convert material number from external format to internal format in order to pad leading zeros to the material number, am using CONVERSION_EXIT_MATN1_INPUT, but dont know why its not working if the IMPORT matnr length is 9

1) If IMPORT material is '12345678' (length is 😎 - is working fine and am getting 000000000012345678

2) If IMPORT material is '123456789' (length is 9) - is NOT working! am getting error message "The material number is longer than the length set" pls. let me know the reason and fix pls.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi M_S,

I think this is due to number range, may be in configuration they have maintained like this.

Thanks,

Anmol.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi M_S,

I think this is due to number range, may be in configuration they have maintained like this.

Thanks,

Anmol.

0 Kudos

Thank you.

MATNR is a standard SAP field right? it is always 18 in length right?

I checked in SNRO, but i did not see any object with name either MATNR or starMATNR!

Is my scenario (if length is 9) is working fine in your system? pls let me know

Thank you

Sandeep_Kumar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

The no. range object is MATERIALNR , you can check in table TNRO.

Regardind the issue with exit , check if you have activated any speical settings in OMSL txn for material numbers.

0 Kudos

Thank you

I saw 'Material No. Length' field is populated with 8 in OMSL tx.

But, i saw CHAR18 as in TNRO table for 'Number length domain' field

Pls. let me know that issue is because of OMSL's 8?

If so, then i have to pad zeros as prefix MANUALLY by logic in the prog. in order to make it to 18 length?

Sandeep_Kumar
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

For details about OMSL you can check the same in SPRO.

raviahuja
Contributor
0 Kudos

The issue is related to configuration in your system. Please check the allowed length of Material Number.

Ravi