SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usage of Main transaction 0090 and its sub transactions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understand that the main transaction 0090 is related to individual write-off items but would like to know when would be this main transaction used.

After setting up the write-off expense account in posting area 0120, the system uses this GL account for posting the below entries during the write-off via FP04.

Dr. Write-Off expense account

Cr. Debtors reconciliation account

So I would like to know in which scenario the system uses the main transaction 0090.

Also there is one more main transaction for mass write-offs - 0095.

Thanks,

Sakthi.

4 REPLIES 4

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sakthi,

Posting area 120 only sets up the Expense and the revenue account as per Cocd\Write-off reason\Division.

The main-sub combination comes from the following SPRO path-

IMG->Financial Accounting->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable->Basic Functions->Postings and Documents->Document->Maintain Document Assignments->Maintain Transactions for IS-U->Maintain Transactions for Writing-Off

So when you are performing a write-off through FP04, 0090 will be used, if you are using FP04M, 0095 will be used as per the standard SAP configuration.

The main transctions for these write-off gets determined from the Write-off reasons from the following SPRO path-

IMG->Financial Accounting->Contract Accounts Receivable and Payable->Business Transactions->Write-Offs->Define Write-Off Reasons

Hope it helps...

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Hi Amlan,

Even without setting the GL accounts for main trans 0090, I am able to perform the write-off transaction via FP04.

For example, I have set the posting area 0120 with the expense account as 520900 for the company code/write-off reason combination. And in main/sub trans setting, I have given another account 430050 for combination 0090/0010 (WO Receivable) and 420020 for combination 0090/0020 (WO Credit).

After the above configuration when I perform FP04 for an open item, the system does not uses the above GL accounts specified for main trans 0090. Instead the system uses the expense account mentioned in posting area 0120 and produces the below posting entries.

Dr. Write-off expense

Cr. Customer Reconciliation account

I am unable to post the screenshots here.

Thanks,

Sakthi.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure if you solved this yet, but I believe it is used to determine the CO Account Assignments if you use Option 2 in the "Derivation of CO Account Assignments". This is in the configuration "Maintain Write-Offs - Specidifcations and default values".

If you configure a CO Account Assignment for 0090/0010, it should use that CO Account Assignment during Write-off.

Regards,

Ivor Martin

0 Kudos

Hi,

Not sure if you solved this yet, but I believe it is used to determine the CO Account Assignments if you use Option 2 in the "Derivation of CO Account Assignments". This is in the configuration "Maintain Write-Offs - Specidifcations and default values".

If you configure a CO Account Assignment for 0090/0010, it should use that CO Account Assignment during Write-off.

Regards,

Ivor Martin