cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition from PO into CCS in ML

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Currently, we have the following scenario. We have a material X, which consists of the following costs:

- the main cost of the material: 20 EUR

- the import duty of the material: 2 EUR

Well, I have managed to create a standard cost estimate, using the condition type from PO, and assign that import duty into its own cost component structure. So, in the CCS, i have:

- Direct material: 20

- Import Duty: 2

However, in the ML view, whether it is CKMCCD or CKM3N, this import duty cost component is empty. Moreover, the client needs to be able to analyze the variance from the import duty.

Have anyone ever deal with such cases?

Would you guys mind telling me what is the best approach to my case?

Thank you very much in advance

Best Regards,

Erwin Hartono

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Erwin ,

Hope your situation is :

Standard Cost in SAP Actual Cost

"A" Product $20 $20

Import Duty $2 $3

Total $22 $23

Journal Entry : at Goods Receipt

DR CR

Inventory 22

GR/IR Inv i -20

Accr Frt-Inb Duties -3

Purchase Price Var 1

Invoice Receipt

GR/IR Inv -20

AP A/c 20

Purchase Price Var N/A N/A

Actual Import Duty Charge

Accr Frt-Inb Duties 3

A/P Frt Company -3

Hence , using purchase price conditions.. ML will not be reflecting the actual Costs of Import Duty . Purchase conditions are just as estimates and actuals are absorbed in Price Variances for differences and it will be absorbed to the product directly after CKMLCP run..

As you see that inventory is debited with 22 ( not 20+2)... system is not segregating the import duty seperately..

Hope it clarifies..

Regards

Sarada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarada, that is exactly my case.

So, it is the pretty normal and standard then?

If the client still wants to be able to analyze the variance from import duty alone, then i guess, ABAP report is the only choice?

THank you

BR, Erwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes.. ABAP report is the only solution available for price variance analysis of your import duty

Regards

Sarada

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Have to revisit this issue...

I noticed something, sometimes it shows the import duty for material which consume this raw material X with import duty, but with the standard price in the cost component structure, and sometimes it doesn't.

Example:

Raw material R1, total standard price: 22

material price: 20, import duty: 2

Semi Finished Goods S1, total standard price: 30

it uses R1 + process costs of:8, so the breakdown of CCS is: material price: 20, import duty: 2, process cost:8

the actual cost component also show this S1 breakdown of CCS in the similar manner, and i notice that any variances from the R1 will go into the material price CCS.

Could you please advise on why the system is created in such way (in a way that it doesn't separately show the actual import duty and the actual price of material) and more importantly, why does it sometimes show the import duty and sometimes it doesn't? I have tried a few different scenarios, but can't seem to find the reason behind this.

Thank you all very much for your help

BR, Erwin

Edited by: Erwin Hartono on Aug 8, 2011 10:07 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Please kindly guide me in the issues above

Thank you very much in advance

BR, Erwin

Edited by: Erwin Hartono on Aug 26, 2011 2:21 AM