Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDA-Flash Data transfer Frequency

former_member425121
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I have some WDA program with Flash Island inside. I share some objects (tables) from WDA to Flash, and Flash make graphics.

So i have in WDA conext the requiered nodes (for each table) wich i fill in WDA and share it to Flash.

My doubt is about Data transfer frequency between WDA and Flash:

If i change a node content, ie. i fill the node again with the new table content, this node is shared automatically with Flash, thats good when i change all records from that node (table).

1. If i have a NODE_A with 100 records , if i only change the content for one specific record , does

all the node content (all 100 records) are transfered to Flash ? I guess yes.

2. But if i have NODE_A (100 records) and i have other NODE_B (150 records) and i change the NODE_A content ; does NODE_B content are transfered also to Flash even this node has not changes ?

3. Suppose i have other Node (not table) with attribute to enter Date wich is shared to Flash , if i change that Date , does the nodes NODE_A and NODE_B are also transfered to Flash even these have not changes ?

4. If i do not make any change to nodes shared with Flash , when i make any event (press match code) or change some node or attribute wich are not shared to Flash ; does nodes NODE_A and NODE_B and Node Date are transfered also to Flash ?

I know these are several questions, i need to know about this because if the nodes are transfered alwasy and with all node content transfered, then i will need to have minimum data in that nodes shared to WDA and even i will need to clear/refresh (object->invalidate) that nodes when Flash receives the data, this in order to have good performance and server work for the application.

Does somebody can give me some 'light' about this please ?

Best Regards

Frank

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member425121
Participant
0 Kudos

Does somebody knows about Data transfer frequency between WDA and Flash, when we update some node does all the others node contents are transfered too ?

Any orientation will be usefull.

Regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

From my past experience with FlashIslands, what i understood is:

The context data is transferred from WDA to Flash whenever there is a change in any of the context nodes shared with Flash.

And when ever there is an event fired from Flash to WDA.

please find the answers for your questions below:

1. Yes all the node content will be transferred. Actually not only this node where you have made the change, but also all the nodes data which are shared with Flash will be transferred.

2. Yes. please see point 1.

3. Yes

4. As far as i know, No. As the change is in the content of a node which is not shared with Flash, there wont be any data transfer from WDA to Flash.

I hope this is clear!

Best Regards,

Srilatha

former_member425121
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Srilatha, your orientation is clear .

So because all data shared with Flash is transfered when there is any change , then i need to maintain with minimum records in WDA all nodes shared to Flash.

Therefore i will need to share Node from WDA to flash, flash sends event to say WDA the data has been received, and then in WDA i must to refresh that node transfered.

Best Regards

Frank

Answers (0)