Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with ESS Emergency Contact Info on Portal

ashwani_tomar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We have an issue with our ESS Emergency contact on SAP Portal. First 3 Emergency contacts are coming as read only on Portal and after first 3 emergency contacts rest of them are coming as editable with edit button and delete button below.

How can we make all the emergency contacts read only with no Delete and Edit button below. Is it some backend config or on Portal iView we can do something.

Thanks,

-A

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashwin,

Looks like some one has done the personalization for the 3 contacts. Do it as suggested by Srinivas. His 10th point is important.

Note: If you remove the Edit button, you will not be able to drill down to see the more details of that record.

I would suggest u this, rename the Edit button text to View from personalization. And from the FPM config remove the edit road map step and the bottom buttons.

Have a look at this blog:

/people/yugandhar.reddy/blog/2011/03/05/how-to-make-sap-standard-ess-applications-read-only

Regards

Yugandhar Reddy

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

ashwani_tomar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas and Yugandhar,

Thanks for your helpful reply , We got the solution little before Srinivas reply. I am still rewarding points to both of you for your accurate answer.

Ashwani

Former Member
0 Kudos

classic case of personalisation issue on the portal front.

1. log into the pcd and ensure the user id has PortalAdmin role attached to it.

2. go to the role --> open the culprit iview in preview mode.

3. ensure you have got say 10 emergency contacts before ytou do the above.

4. now preview should show you 3 contacts in display mode and 7 in edit/delete mode.

5. personalise the remaining 7 contacts as well by ctrl+right click and hiding the darn buttons you dont need.

6. save.

7. get out, but before you do it try and release the portal cache.

8. run some tests.

9. it has to work.

10. suggestion: it will be a good idea to define as a business process the max number of contacts one can have. reason if in future you get an employee with 11 emergency contacts then the last one will have have the edit/delete options,.. you get my drift here?

11. I just ran out of steam

cheers

S0017256970
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Srini

I have a similar kind of a problem in ESS scenario, where all my IT that are required is apprearing correctly but the IT0002 ( The Culprit) needs to be in a Non Editabel mode but currently this is editable.

How do i achieve this? The Webdynpro guy and other persons are saying it canonly be achieved from configuration and not from UIBB Dynpro config? I s this true or can u help me on this? I am in deep s........

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini

I have a similar kind of a problem in ESS scenario, where all my IT that are required is apprearing correctly but the IT0002 ( The Culprit) needs to be in a Non Editabel mode but currently this is editable.

How do i achieve this? The Webdynpro guy and other persons are saying it canonly be achieved from configuration and not from UIBB Dynpro config? I s this true or can u help me on this? I am in deep s........

this is the third time am answering for single issue from you tapas,..

ok here goes:

if you are on ecc6 ehp3 or above the solution I gave here will work like a charm follow all my steps but change the iview to the infotype 0002 one.

if you are lower than ehp3,... hmm I dont remember it and I do not have the access now to an older system but a thorough search must help you,.. I certainly remember that making an iview display only was not so simple in ehp1/2 days..

so get the version of sap and enhancement pack you are on for starters.

cheers