cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goods Receipt issues

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

There are some requirements in my project.

1.My client doesn't want to create a GR before the delivery date.,

2. Some times they will do GR for more quantity compare to PO quantity. means Over delivery.

how to achieve this?

Thanks

Rajan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Raj,

If you want to Make N number of GRN's against the said PO ,then use following options

Either you can make qty ammendment in PO or Make tolearance limit in PO . ( achieve this by creating ZTABLE where as you need to maintain tolerance limit ,carry the same in PO by using default user-exit with the help of Abapor)

Regards,

Sandesh Sawant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sandesh,

Then what is the use of unlimited tolerance & over delivery.

Is there any standard user exit available for this.

Thanks

Rajan

Edited by: raj rajan on Jul 19, 2011 12:00 AM

murugan_mgl
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1.My client doesn't want to create a GR before the delivery date.-This can be achieved with Scheduling agreement

2. Some times they will do GR for more quantity compare to PO quantity. means Over delivery-While creating PO ask him to give the overdelivery tolerance in PO or Enter the ODT IN info record

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

Anyway client is not using scheduling agreements.

do we hav any other solution for this?

Thanks

Rajan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

to 1) just does not want to post the GR in SAP, or does not want to accept the goods and will send the trucks back?

if he just does not want to do the GR in SAP,then he will create a backlog of receipts and over the time probably a mess in the accuracy of stock.

the second part of my question was always a holy wish, but I have never seen a company that did this strictly, especially parcels from other world regions may not arrive at the desired date. Do you really believe that you send the postman back with the parcel if it is a day to early?

If it is a general requirement you could customize Message No. M7 254 as an error message in OMCQ. otherwise you have to do coding in a user exit.

to 2)

define a purchasing value key with overdelivery tolerance in customizing

assign this PVK when creating material masters.

it will then default into the PO.

You can as well maintain the overdelivery tolerance directly in the PO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen

The requirement is strictly for month end. Suppose if the material delivery date is July first and it's arrived in June 30 , then user shouln't enter GR in June 30.

Regards

rajan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen

> The requirement is strictly for month end. Suppose if the material delivery date is July first and it's arrived in June 30 , then user shouln't enter GR in June 30.

>

> Regards

> rajan

why is that so.

Usually we do it the other way around. we post the goods receipt on the day the items arrive, so your stock situation is always correct in SAP. and once a year you evaluate your vendors, and because of early delivery he does not get the best rating.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks freinds,

For Second question I tested,it is not giving the 100% success rate. I maintained Info record as unlimited delivery.

suppose the PO quantity is 100, i entered first GR 95 and i am able to enter second GR also(Unlimited quantity).

Once the 100 qty over, system is not allowing anymore GR's. System is giving the warning message "PO doesn't have any selectable items"

I want to make unlimited GR's, how to solve this.?

Kindlly help me.

Thanks

Rajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please try with the following

- M7022 - Make it warning

- Remove the default Delivery completed indicator in OMCD

- Make the delivery tolerance Unlimited in Purchasing value Key

Now you can do the GR for PO it wil allow you to receive the maximum. But this is restricted to only one receipt if you receive more than orderd.

But you can receive say yu ordered 100

1 GR - 95

2 GR - 200 System will allow

3 GR - you can not do it

Hope it helps

Karthik

Edited by: Karthik on Jul 18, 2011 3:40 PM