cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data load to inactive cube ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts !

i have Q system and Prod. system. for BI, i have a question.

if my Process chain is running and its loading the date to XYZ cube on Prod. server.

at the same time , if i am working on XYZ cube on DEV. and make some changes to it, and then release the transport . and for some reason my transport got failed. and bcoz of that it inactivates XYZ cube on PROD server.

My question is, what happens to that data load ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Honar,

This is for sure that if the cube is in Inactive state you can not load data in to it using process chains. In this case your loads will fail in Prod System giving Error that Data Target Not in Version 'A'.

There are good chances that if the Transport failure occured due to incorrect transport sequence or missing object, then you might not be able to re-load that cube until New TR's are send.

Regards

Raj Rai

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply guys !

Please make Note the Sequence.

Process chain is running and loading data to the cube. ( Say...Half of the data has been loaded and half to be loaded...Also this Data loading takes 3 hours. just for an example . Alos since data is loading , that means the cube is ACtive .)

Now, while in this 3 hours window, if i am working on the same cube on Dev. system. ( So here Cube is Inactive )

After completing my work on Dev. system ( Still the Data load is going-on on Prod system)

Now, if i release the transport, and import it to Prod.

1 question ( If transport suceessful , means No Inactive cube or Trans or DTPs ) : since the date load is still going on, will it try to import ?

2 question ( with the Failed Transport ) : will it stop data loading ?and set as inactive ? or data load process will finish, and then it will set as inactive ?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Honar,

1. If transport is siccesful then there is no problem in to load the data to cube.

2. If Transport get failed , Cube is inactive then data load process can not be executed further .

else it givee error .

Hope this will clarify you

Thanks

Avenai

Edited by: Avenai on Jun 13, 2011 3:22 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I believe as Dataload is happening first, the cube is already locked. So no changes can be done. So TR will fail but dataload should happen.

I dont know reason for your curiosity , you may try in development system, run a load and in middle of it try change and activate the cube.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, that was the answer i was looking for, i thought that, but just wanted to clarify.

Bcoz, lots of time we have data load ( Usually everywhere at nite) But we have data load in day time also.

So, was not sure, what happens if my transport gets fail, while the dataload is happening on Prod.

But, i guess, even though everything is correct, bcoz the Cube is LOCK , the transport will get fail automatically.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Honar,

The data loading will not happen. You will have to activate the Infocube & then reload the data again by deleting the red request.

Regards,

Pavan