cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to post a Usage Decision without doing any stock posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

We're currently using the SAP QM standard config to pass inspections. When the users accept and save their usage decision in QA11, SAP is configured to execute the 321 goods movement to move the material from QI to unrestricted stock.

We want to uncouple that goods movement from the usage decision. In other words, when they accept and pass an inspection in QA11, we want them to record their usage decision but NOT execute any IM/WM goods movement. We want to do that manually later in the process at the point where the users (with barcode scanners) put the items into their bin.

Can we do that? Is it just config? Can we change the current standard UD, or do we create a custom one? What else would be affected in IM/WM/QM if we do that? Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its a setting in the selected sets used in Usage Decision - if you want you can turn that off. The stock postings are done automatically based on the settings for stock proposal in the UD code.Access the selected set codes used for usage decision acceptance - thru QS51 and uncheck stock screen back ground option. This will turn off your automatic/back ground IM movenments and stock posting during UD.

How you want to handle stock postings for this q-stock? You need to come back and run a report QVM2 find out all inspection lots with out standnding quantities and manually move the stock. I dont think it does not have any impact on IM/WM - only thing is stock will be in quality and some one has to move it manually. It needs manual work and monitoring.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ram. I unchecked the "stock screen backgr" checkbox, then did the UD in qa11. However, it leaves the quantity as "To be Posted" in the UD. When I try to then manually do the 321 in mb1b, I get the error. "Change the inspection stock of material xxxx in QM only". It appears that we can't process a 321 outside of QM like we want to. Do you have any more advice?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its a quality stock tied to the inspection lot. You have to post it thru UD only - with the modification I have suggested, you will make UD at one time and again you have to post that stock thru QA12 only. You can not do MB1B.

I am nt sure how your WM set up with respect to QM - if your only concern quality not to release a lot when it's in interim storage not in actual bin - you need some development to check for storage type during UD ( user exit - qa11/12) and if its not putaway and not in original bin you can make system to give a hard error and prevent UD. Once the stock is in actual bin quality can make a UD and release.

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Ram

Edited by: ram on Jun 9, 2011 8:48 PM