cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Merging multiple spool requests into one (Smartform)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

My requirement is to merge multiple smartform spool requests into one. I have looked at some related threads on the forum and was able to do it but I have a problem printing the spool. Print preview looks good but when I print it, it prints empty pages and the status on the spool request is Completed (problem). The log says that "OTF module: Character set conversion I -> N failed"

This is what I am doing to merge spool requests

1) Used FM RSPO_RETURN_SPOOLJOB to convert all the spool requests into OTF format.

2) used RSPO_SR_OPEN to open new spool request

3) used RSPO_SR_TABLE_WRITE to write OTF data into the spool request

4) RSPO_SR_CLOSE

This is working well until creating one spool request but I have problem printing it. Can you anyone share some ideas please?

Please do not suggest to use no_open and no_close parameters as that is not what I am looking for.

thanks..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was able to solve my problem. Just incase if anybody is looking for a solution to this problem. Here is what I am doing.

Instead of using FM RSPO_RETURN_SPOOLJOB to convert spool request into OTF format, I am pulling the OTF data from smartform FM itself by populating control_parameters-getotf parameter. And again used RSPO_SR_OPEN to open a new spool request, then used FM RSPO_SR_WRITE_OTF to write OTF data to the sool request and at the end FM RSPO_SR_CLOSE.

Meenakshi, I was not trying to create one spool request from multile smartforms.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try Using FMs ssf_open and ssf_close. This works fine in my case, where i have to print multiple smartforms in one spool.

Call SSF_OPEN

loop.

Call fm to print smartform.

endloop.

Call SSF_CLOSE

Regards

Meenakshi