cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AFTER RANGE for multiple selection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

When defining two colkey ranges =EVRNG(A8:B9,C8:D9)

Can I restrict my AFTER RANGE value only to the sencond range (C8:D9)

I mean, make that the columns created by the EVAFTER only applys after the whole colkey range

display the column corresponding to the first range, the the column corresponding to the second range and

then the column generated by the EVAFTER.

Someone could help me limiting this After Range values to second col key range?

Thank you veeeery much.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can not have multiple afterrange definitions for the same dimension within single EVDRE. What you could do is to combine several EVDRE reports sharing the same rowkey range and have separate colkey ranges. In this way you can define row and first column set expansions in one report definition and second column set expansion in another whilst pointing the rowkey to the one used in 1st report.

Hope this helps,

Madis

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Madis,

I will try to build two EVDREs as per your suggestion, but my concern is.

Expansions between two EVDREs are compatible I mean, if I require following structure:

col1 col2 col3 (difference) col4 col5 col6 (difference)

ACC 1 ACC 1 Difference between column 1 & 2 ACC 2 ACC 2 Difference between column 3 & 4

2011.JUN 2011.OCT Difference between column 1 & 2 2011.JUN 2011.OCT Difference between column 3 & 4

V100 V200 Difference between column 1 & 2 V100 V200 Difference between column 3 & 4

I could filter time and version for first column in the first EVDRE and TIME and VERSION for secon column in the second EVDRE introducing the AFTER RANGE in the second EVDRE obtaining the desired result for the first section, for the first required account.

But what would it happen with second section, with ACCOUNT 2...I am afraid the first EVDRE will retrieve all accounts for TIME 1 and VERSION 1...and the at the end the second EVDRE will retrieve all accounts for TIME 2 and VERSION 2 , with out being able to compare values from selection 1 (TIME 1 and VERSION 1) versus selection 2 (TIME 2 and VERSION 2).

Thank you very much for your help.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm probably unaware of your final visualization requirement but looking at your solution I'd solve the problem by moving the Account dimension to the row axis and keeping the variance calculation between data column.

Madis

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Madis,

I will try to build two EVDREs as per your suggestion, but my concern is.

Expansions between two EVDREs are compatible I mean, if I require following structure:

col1 col2 col3 (difference) col4 col5 col6 (difference)

ACC 1

ACC 1

Difference between column 1 & 2

ACC 2

ACC 2

Difference between column 3 & 4

2011.JUN

2011.OCT

2011.JUN

2011.OCT

V100

V200

V100

V200

I could filter time and version for first column in the first EVDRE and TIME and VERSION for secon column in the second EVDRE introducing the AFTER RANGE in the second EVDRE obtaining the desired result for the first section, for the first required account.

But what would it happen with second section, with ACCOUNT 2...I am afraid the first EVDRE will retrieve all accounts for TIME 1 and VERSION 1...and the at the end the second EVDRE will retrieve all accounts for TIME 2 and VERSION 2 , with out being able to compare values from selection 1 (TIME 1 and VERSION 1) versus selection 2 (TIME 2 and VERSION 2).

Thank you very much for your help.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Best Regards.