Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fill HCM Form fields in creation process

kai_mattern2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I created a HCM Form, everything is working fine so far. i can create a form in the portal, the workflow is triggered and all buttons do what they should do.

But i got a request, that the form should come up with some prefilled information.

I implemented the IF_HRASR00GEN_SERVICE~INITIALIZE method and filled some fields with test information. But its not rendered.

In this web blog

http://weblog-42.blogspot.com/2010/04/hcm-processes-forms-howto-basic-generic.html

I read that i have to call Transaction HRASR_DT to make the Backendservice the default. But this transaction is not available in my system. I also read that this transaction is only available in EHP 4.0 but we do not have this EHP and we do not plan to install it.

Is there a workaround this or do i do something wrong?

Best regards,

Kai

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the configuration you can make backend service as providing the default value.

Personnel Management->HR Administrative services->Configuration of forms/processes->Configuration of forms

->Create form scenario

Here in the form fields you can say default value coming from whichbackend service. For defaulting values,

pass the value to the field in the INITIALIZE method, maintain the form scenario at the above mentioned place and

in the form have the correct binding

Thanks,

Aravind

Edited by: Aravind I on Jun 10, 2011 6:42 AM

kai_mattern2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Sorry for answering late, I was in vacation for 3 days.

I did all that and now found the error.

Inside the configutration step Process Form Scenario for Generic Service is a field "Type of Default Value Determination

" this must be set to "DEF Default Value" otherwise the field is not available for the backend service. I dont see what this field is for because I already configured the fields I need for the service in the form scenario but its working now.

Thanks for your explenation.

Best regards,

Kai