cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BIA_IN_CHANGERUN and delta index

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi - I have few question and want to get some feedback if anybody has ever applied these in BW/BWA environment and what has been the experience and if there are any known issues.

environment: BWA 7.2 and BW 7.01

(1) BIA_IN_CHANGERUN in RSSDDTREXADMIN table to keep the Cubes active...... precautions and experience

(2) Split master data via Standalone....precautions and experience

(3) Choosing delta indexes for more than one at a time ...RSRV only accepts one cube at a time to give recommendations about Delta inexes....Is there any other way or hard and fast rule for creating delta indexes

(4) using "RSDDTREX_SINGLE_TABLE_INDEX" report to index single table, specifically master data table...any side effects and precautions and experience

Thanks for ur input.

Mike.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

2) Are you wanting to split the indexes manually via the reorg tab? I've done some manually splits - no big deal. Unfortunately this means you can't really do an auto reorg anymore since it will try to re split/merge the one you manually already did.

3) In general I wouldn't suggest Delta Indexes. I haven't seen any real gains from any customers from implementing them. They also only really should be used when you are adding lots of data and want to be able to report on the data more quickly then waiting for a full roll-up. I wouldn't trust RSRV in this case anyway.

4) Be very careful! If you do I would recommend doing it in off hours. Alternatively I usually just delete the specific table/index manually via the python tool and then re-index a cube (with a small F table) that contains that master data table.

Answers (0)