cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plenty of orders created by CTM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have an item produced at 5 different plants all supplied to the same hub. I have incorporated huge demand to this item, and ran the CTM. Accordingly to the procurement priority of plants, the demand is met and Production plan is created at the plants in sequnce of the priority. Since it is constrained, the first 4 plants were able to give 100% resource utilization for the huge demand and the remaining when gone for the last prioritized plant... there is an interesting behaviour seen.

The CTM run calculated the producton plan in weekly buckets for all the first 4 plants and when it came to the fifth plant, it required to use only 20% of the available resource to meet the remaining demand. During the CTM run, dont know why but plenty of orders are created for the same item on a single day rather than creating one order per day as it went in case of other plants.

I have seen the location master data settings of the other plants and the fifth plant; resource used at other plants and the fifth plants have same settings; what might be the reason for this behaviour?

Thank you very much in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

-CTM is pegging oriented planning & order oriented planning, means each demand will be fullfilled seperatly.

-SNP os bucket orinted planning , means demands in each bucket will be clubed together and one receipt will be created...

so just confirm , whther you have same pattern of demand in all the location.... i meant whether you released forcast as weekly bucket for all plant ?

i guess demand pattern for last plant would be different may be you released demands daily. so with in one bucket you got many individual demands and CTM is creating receipt for each demand

Regards

Thennarasu.M